• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Can't Say Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Song4uman

I posted this on another site also...trying to find out the answer....

Ok. so I was re-reading the book by my friend Randy Schmidt...(just dropping your name Randy)....and in one of the interviews Richard talks about writing songs with Bettis and how their songs became hits......it says:

"First there was Goodbye to Love and next was Top of the World. They were written the same day and then nothing for a year. I just couldn't come up with anything. I just didn't want to go to the piano......The next one was Yesterday Once More and the one after that was Only Yesterday, and then there was the other one we wrote, "Can't Say goodbye". And then two things on the Horizon Album.

What is this "Can't Say Goodbye"???? I don't think I had ever read this before.....

jonathan

I think it is : I'm Caught Between Goodbye and I Love You? - this was also on the Horizon album. The 2 'things' probably referred to Aurora and Eventide. All these songs + Only Yesterday made up the 4 RC/JB songs on Horizon...

When I heard Helen Reddy's 'Can't Say Goodbye' I was sure that it was a Richard composition, even down to the almost contrived low alto notes. I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom