Carole King's Tapestry still being pressed on LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
$30? Must be one of those audiophile pressings (?).

I'd check 'gemm.com' or, better yet, your local used vinyl haunt or flea market.
JB

Tapestry is one of those LPs that, like the TJB's Whipped Cream, can be found at just about any used record shop or thrift store. If you have to pay more than a buck for it you're getting ripped off...

--Mr Bill

$30 is probably for either 1) an import pressing or 2) an audiophile version. CC isn't the best place to buy it, obviously, but if it's a good mastering and pressing it'll probably leave the CD versions in the dust.

If you don't want a premium pressing, give GEMM a try, watch Ebay, or try the used vinyl shops. Being as popular as it was, you'll have to do some shopping to find a clean copy. I'd say you could expect to pay $5-$7 for a nice VG+ copy out there. If it sells for a buck, it's only good for a drink coaster IMHO.

Actually, with it available on SACD, I wouldn't even mess with crappy CD pressings or worn-out vinyl.

The only copies I'd get (and I have one in my collection) are those with the original "Ode '70" label design. (Which is among some label designs I submitted for add-on to the label gallery.)

The version available on the Circuit City website is a Classic Records pressing released about three years ago. Just so you know,Circuit City does not have it stock-its a special order. They are mimicking their distributor's website info-AEC-Alliance Entertainment(I think that is the company Mike Blakesley's store uses). Neil's advice about the SACD availability carries weight-he has an interest in audiophile recordings. Me-I'm a vinyl junkie,so I can't say one way or the other but I have read nothing but raves from Classic Records and they did make Bob & Ray's "Stereo Spectacular" recording available on vinyl after about 40 years out of print-they seem to care about what they put out. I believe Circuit City is printing the usual list price for this item. Mac

An original pressing like W.B.'s, or a Classic Records version like Mac mentioned would be the best vinyl sound out there. I don't know how the CD versions sound, but if digital's your thing, SACD is the way to do it. Some specialty vinyl retailers (like Red Trumpet) may carry that Carole King on vinyl too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom