• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters 2012 SHM cds question

adamj95

I’m looking at purchasing all of the 2012 SHM Carpenter cd’s but I can’t seem to find a list of all the cd’s released in this series. Correct me if I’m wrong but was Lovelines, Christmas Portrait, An Old Fashioned Christmas, and The Singles 1969-1973 not included for these?

Looks like these were later than 2012, but they are SHM-CDs.
Mi04MzQ3LmpwZWc.jpeg

MC00OTUyLmpwZWc.jpeg

NS0xMTE4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Ni01MTgwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Last edited:
The 2 Christmas shm discs are included in the box set. Separately you can buy Live At The Palladium, rare, Karen Carpenter, Live In Japan, 40/40, Singles 1969-1973, and RPO.

Looks like these were later than 2012, but they are SHM-CDs.
Mi04MzQ3LmpwZWc.jpeg

MC00OTUyLmpwZWc.jpeg

NS0xMTE4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Ni01MTgwLmpwZWc.jpeg

The 2 Christmas ones and Lovelines are in the paper jacket. Is that the only version of SHM they've been released in? The reason I"m asking is I have a jewel case of Made in America SHM-CD and I'd like all the ones I buy to be the same format for consistency reasons lol.

Good question. Look at either EBay, or Discogs. Most I have are in the white box set. The others I listed are jewel case, except Live At The Palladium. The Singles 1969-1973 is a thick jewel case SHM/SACD.

Last edited:
@adamj95 I have never seen a complete list. I have a paper jacket version of Singles 1969-1973 SHM-CD UICY 76034. I got that one from Discogs but it was pricey.

I also have a jewel case of Karen Carpenter SHM-CD UICY 25304. I am slowly chasing the SHM-CD's because my CD System loves them. It also loves the Carpenters Gold Import lol 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I was travelling in Japan in 2015 and got most of Carpenters’ albums on SHM CD, including the ‘Karen Carpenter’ album. All the ones I bought were in jewel cases. I didn’t see any in just cardboard sleeve. The CDs could fairly easily be found in stores such as Tower Records, at that time.

Back
Top Bottom