Carpenters Cassettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Lately I have been buying Carpenters cassettes at FYE, Walmart, K-Mart, etc... to collect before they totally disappear. The only ones that I have found are:

Yesterday Once More(original 1985 version with blue/85 remixes)
Close to You
Singles 1969-1981
Love Songs

I was just wondering. 1998 is when the Remastered Classics came out. Cassettes were still being bought and were beginning to fade out. Was the Remastered Classics released on cassette?

Recall that Carpenters remasters were only re-issued on CD's in 1998 /1999 :confused:

Fans have to seek out older Cassette issues for studio albums as you seem to have the current cassettes available or make up your personal cassette copies :laugh:

Peter

This thread brings back so many memories. In 1974 my brother and I were given our first radio cassette player, and I celebrated by quickly acquiring some Carpenters albums on cassette. Started with ASFY, Now & Then, and bought Horizon and AKOH as soon as released. I still have these and though I of course have them on CD, nothing will replace the thrill of these original tapes! Bet theyr'e woth a fortune now :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom