Carpenters Live In Concert (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul.ashurst

Does anybody know the biggest audience the Carpenters ever played to in a single show? Seems like audiences these days are much larger, whereas in the 70s they played to smaller crowds twice daily

In 1972 a press review appeared in a Portland newspaper. The headline read CarpenterS play to sell-out 10,000 at Memorial Coliseum. I have the clip buried deep within the vaults. One day when I unearth it I'll post it for fun. It was my first CarpenterS concert. As I remember I was the only nine year old decked out in his baby blue CarpenterS fan club t-shirt which is now buried deep within the vaults. K&R played Portland again in 1974. This time they sold-out another venue. As I remember I was the only eleven year old decked out in my white CarpenterS fan club t-shirt with the raised bright red logo. It too lay buried next to its baby blue predecessor. As I grew so did the t-shirts and now they are buried...

Jeff, who has yet to be buried

Jeff, that is a sweet memory. Thanks for sharing it. That must have been quite an experience for you. It's touching to hear that you wore Carpenters T-shirts when you were young going to the concerts.

Chris

I wish I had been able to see them live in concert. There is nothing that can top seeing your favorite performer live.

Jeff, I'd love to see that clip, would be cool. If you need any help unearthing that buried stuff... :wink: I don't have any Carpenters t-shirts, but I do have some Olivia ones, all protected & completely sealed from all air to preserve them, one is a baseball style Physical shirt I got from 1982/83 when she toured, the memories are too strong for me to part with that...bought it in North Carolina on her tour, size small, so I could never get into that now. :shock: I also have a Grease t-shirt from 1978 still sealed air tight. I say all this cause I know how important these things can be..I can only imagine how important these are in your vaults.

...with fond memories of years gone by, online...

Hey djn! You were so luck to own
a Carpenters T shirt! I had a
white sweat shirt with the red
logo but I out grew it and after
many moves, lost it. I wish they
were still available, maybe I will
submit a request to the new site.
I recently purchased two Carpenters
decalls from Peperland Music in
Orange CA. The white one looks
so official on my keyboard and its
very inspirational.
If you were 11 in74 we are the same
age, 41? I saw the Carpenters in
concert at West Virginia University
in 1972. I wish I could have seen
them when I was older, so I had a
more complete memory of it.
JIM

Probably one of the biggest single concert audiences would have been
Carpenters at Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles :

18000 capacity plus a few extra seats for certain concerts :cool:

Had Carpenters completed 1983 tour plus other tours in later 1980's , larger venues would have become the norm , 25000 plus in some cases :o

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom