Carpenters LP Release 2007, "Now & Then"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

According to some Japanese pages, "Now & Then" will be released on August 8, 2007 as LP!

Other artists' LP's will be released on the same day.

Carpenters "Now & Then" LP
UIJY9015
3,600Yen

Sakura

Well, this would be interesting considering that some indie labels still use LP to market their material and Lee Ann Womack's 2005 release "More Where That Came From" was issued on LP as well as CD. Very cool!!!!!!!!

Ah, a good-sounding "Now & Then" without compression. This kinda depends on who does the mastering but I'd be interested if it sounds good.

Ed

ThaFunkyFakeTation said:
Ah, a good-sounding "Now & Then" without compression. This kinda depends on who does the mastering but I'd be interested if it sounds good.

Ed

There are actually engineers out there who would master an LP from a CD, or from the digital CD master. :shock: If so, what a waste. :agree:

Rudy said:
There are actually engineers out there who would master an LP from a CD, or from the digital CD master. :shock: If so, what a waste. :agree:

Yeah, I've been unfortunate to hear that method. Let's hope that's not happening here...

Ed

ThaFunkyFakeTation said:
Rudy said:

Yeah, I've been unfortunate to hear that method. Let's hope that's not happening here...

Ed

It's a bad sign if they are doing that: they're reducing the LP to a novelty reissue, rather than going back to an original master tape to give us a "never-digitized" version.

The Japanese must have some kind of a love affair with the NOW AND THEN album (or maybe just the cover!). It was released a year or so ago on CD in a special LP-sized cover, and now they're putting an actual LP out.

Harry

Universal Music made a page for LP release(in Japanese) at the website on March 28. According to the page, you must pre-order until May 20.(You may ought to think May 19)

"Now & Then" was the best selling Carpenters original LP in Japan.
Universal Music Japan love particular album of particular artists. No matter what fans feel, they release the same album over again.

Sakura

Now & Then was actually released on a "quad" (4-channel) reel to reel in Japan...so I'd agree, it's their most popular album over there. The quad mix is interesting, to say the least! Richard's surround mix for the Singles SACD is far better, IMHO; the quad mix is a novelty.

Me thinks it is because "Now And Then" contains the smash U.S. single, (and even more of a smash in Japan) "Yesterday Once More." Or maybe it is the red Ford Pinto (snickers) on the album cover. Maybe it is because Karen's beautiful face is bisected by a window. My bet is the smash single YOM. sleep well little children...

sp3519.jpg

---???

:confused:

Dave

Ford Pinto ?
The car on the cover was a 1972 Ferrrai GTB4 "Daytona", which Richard later regretted trading in for a very unreliable GTC4 which had the number plate Song4U on it.

See the auto collection on the official site.

Richard managed to find another Daytona a few years ago to replace the cover car.

If that IS a Pinto, it sure has nice Vent Windows... :tongue:

I think calling a Pinto, a Ferrari GTB4 Daytona is more of an Insult to Ford's Proud Pinto, than calling a Ferrari GTB4 Daytona, a Pinto, would be an insult to Ferrari...! :laugh:

Dave

...From a family of Proud Pinto owners...!!! We had a yellow 1974 Notchback (Tiny Trunk) with the Luxury Decor Option--Luxury Seats--Woodgrain Dash & Door Panel Accents--Everything but Air! :nut:

--Too bad it got hit in the front, but luckily not in the REAR...!!! :biglaugh: :neutral:inkshield:

I'm not knocking the Pinto, Dave its not a car I know too much about, it was never sold in the UK. Just stating a few facts about the cover picture.

Its origin came about because as has been documented else where Richard was not impressed with how A& M dealt with their album covers and overall image thing. As he said on the recent BBC documentary about the Close To You album cover "its one crappy cover"

Going back to the Now & Then cover, the story goes that Richard got so fed up with the photo session, he just decided to get in the car and go. This shot is of them driving away hence Karen's face being obscured by the quarter light window frame.

I actually think its one of the best album covers of all, perhaps with the exception of Horizon.

I pre-ordered and get SACD. I love "Singles 1969-1981"!! I wish Japanese release with "I Need To Be In Love" had been released.
Will Universal Music not release SACD any more?
When I saw Quad LP at shop, I would like to listen to it, but my father just bought new stereo. So I couldn't ask him to give me 4 channel stereo.
I now use stereo and another CD player to play quad CD-R. Too bad my both player don't have pitch adjustment. I have to adjust speed. But I love listening to old quad, such as "Johny Angel", too.

Deka Jake Now & Then didn't have lyrics insert with automobile photos. Hope new release will have original insert.

"Yesterday Once More" was the best selling Carpenters 45 in Japan.
Carpenters songs hardly were included various artists compilations planned in Japan.
The box set that I posted before and recent release, "ONE" have "Yesterday Once More".
286.jpg

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/1204286

(As I posted before, "I Love Drama" had "The Rainbow Connection".)

I think I heard Richard talk about "Now & Then " album cover on BBC Radio 2 Special several years ago. 2001? 2002?

I wonder if Richard talked about his cars at XM radio long interview.

Red Ferrari's are GTB4 and GTC4. 2004 Ferrari is 575M.
What type silver gray Ferrari was?

I recently read another artist's talk about his new car. I'd like to read Richard's car story more.

I read that Richard drove BMW at yet another artist's board. Is it true? Has anyone seen Richard's BMW?

(I started this topic, but I am not the first member who started to talk about car.

Some more off topic,
The building of Tokyo Hilton where Richard and Karen stayed were closed.
Osaka Festival Hall where they performed and recorded "Live in Japan" album will be closed and new concert hall will be built.)

Sakura

Universal Music Japan LP's were shown on TV business news in Tokyo this Wednesday night. I might see A&M label, but it wasn't Now & Then.
When I came close to TV, they started to talk about record player.

Sakura

OK, yesterday I saw a Matchbox Chevy Vega which turned out to be a Ferrari Berlinetta... :laugh:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom