Carpenters "Official Website" / Becky Boxberger;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
Just a little note to Carpenters fans...

As of (2) weeks ago, Becky Boxberger no longer works for Carpenters, as she has decided to relocate to Northern California.

She was extremely instrumental in linking fans to Richard, and was solely responsible for developing the concept of "Fans Ask", as well as the "official website" in and of itself. Due to this fact, it is uncertain as to whether or not Richard will continue to maintain the site or not. He hadn't made that decision as of a week and a half ago.

If any of you would like to pass a note of thanks to Becky, you can send them to me via "private message" and I will gladly pass them on to her.

That's too bad. Given the way the site was made, it seemed she was doing it as a sideline project to her regular job. Not many sites of major artists have that close a connection to the artist, so I hope Richard finds a new assistant who will pick up the project.

Oh, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this. The site has always been very enjoyable, even to go back and reread some items. And the section on his car collection is just outstanding. The photography is beautiful and almost professional. Like Chris, (posted elsewhere on this forum) I noticed that there have been no changes on the website. Becky has been wonderful to all of us and I do want to thank her and wish her well. I VERY much hope that Richard will find another person with the same expertise and will continue the website. I think I will be very much bereft without it!

A very sad,
Marilyn

thestitch said:
And the section on his car collection is just outstanding. The photography is beautiful and almost professional.

Just a little piece of trivia on that note. It was Richard who took all of those photos himself with a digital camera that his wife Mary purchased for him for his 59th birthday. The pictures were actually intended for insurance purposes, however Richard being the perfectionist that he is, was sure to be meticulous in doing so.

Chris May said:
thestitch said:
And the section on his car collection is just outstanding. The photography is beautiful and almost professional.

Just a little piece of trivia on that note. It was Richard who took all of those photos himself with a digital camera that his wife Mary purchased for him for his 59th birthday. The pictures were actually intended for insurance purposes, however Richard being the perfectionist that he is, was sure to be meticulous in doing so.

I wrote in once, about Richard's Buick Riviera. Meant to ask if it was the GS (Gran Sport) model, since I notice some nomenclature below the "Riviera" logo on the sides. He mentions the GS availability in mid-model year, but not if his is the GS. The '65 is my favorite year, as it had the hideaway headlights.

Thanks Chris for the update on all this. It makes sense now why I didn't get a response from my recent email to the site. I sure hope Richard does keep up the official site and trusts someone to take over Becky's position. I mostly enjoyed the Q/A section and knowing we had some kind of link to Richard and what he is doing. It would be a shame to lose all that.

Keep us updated if you hear any news.

Thanks for that little note, Chris. I hadn't realized that Richard himself took all those great pics!! He must be "into" photography in a big way to know how to get such good shots.

Let us know if you hear anything at all about what's new with the website or the Carpenter family.

Many thanks,
Marilyn

Hi Everyone....

Thanks to Chris May, I've found my way back to this forum...thanks for having me. Thanks, Chris for such a nice forum, here.

As I'm sure Chris has told you all by now, Becky, saint though she was (and we all loved her dearly at Carpenters Online, where I am the global moderator), has a successor in Alana Voller. I've been in touch with Alana several times in the past week or so, and she is just delightful.

The site will go on, and believe me, she's on top of things. Fast replies to my questions so far.

Thanks again, Chris. Nice to visit here.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom