• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Charlie Brown and the Carpenters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video is terrific! Of course, I'm wondering why I had never seen or heard of this sequence before: Was it in a special I missed? And it turns out to be the creation of a talented individual (Garren Lazar), akin to music mashups that have been created in recent years. Lazar has his own YouTube channel.

What jumps out at me is the band! Particularly Pig-Pen on drums! I think Karen would be smiling... :)

Yes, when I found it (before I watched) I thought it would be the characters singing and wondered how I has missed it. Two of my favorite things growing up.....and Karen still is.
Jonathan

I think someone did some half-decent video editing, but I don't think it is an official Peanuts video. Plus I recognized a couple of scenes from a few Peanuts specials, like It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown and Happy New Year, Charlie Brown.

did some half-decent video editing

Half-decent? That was absolutely brilliant. Did you notice that all mouth movements matched the vocals perfectly (as well as cartoon characters can!)?

It assuredly is NOT official, making it all-the-more brilliant in its execution. Here's a guy with access to a large number of Peanuts videos in various formats and a song - and he pieced them together flawlessly, matching not only mouth movements, but visually thematic as well. Who among us that watched that didn't exhibit a huge smile when Charlie Brown himself blew those famous trumpet notes in the middle of the song?

Way more than half-decent, I'd say.

Half-decent? That was absolutely brilliant. Did you notice that all mouth movements matched the vocals perfectly (as well as cartoon characters can!)?

It assuredly is NOT official, making it all-the-more brilliant in its execution. Here's a guy with access to a large number of Peanuts videos in various formats and a song - and he pieced them together flawlessly, matching not only mouth movements, but visually thematic as well. Who among us that watched that didn't exhibit a huge smile when Charlie Brown himself blew those famous trumpet notes in the middle of the song?

Way more than half-decent, I'd say.

I too was amazed at how precise the matching was and how it flowed beautifully. It made the song come alive again in a new way.

I, too, was very impressed by the smoothness and at first thought it was an official video! Even the instruments, like trumpet and piano, were perfect note by note.

Oh, wow this put a huge smile on my face, I immediately noticed how everything synched up, I can see all the hard work that went into editing this, simply brilliant!! Thanks for posting, never seen this before.

It's half-decent because it is mostly slowed-down footage. Not to mention but I noticed a number of shots that were repeated, usually within 2 or 3 shots of their first appearance.

It's half-decent because it is mostly slowed-down footage. Not to mention but I noticed a number of shots that were repeated, usually within 2 or 3 shots of their first appearance.

I'll acquiesce to your "half-decent" when you provide your full-speed, no-repeat version. :)

I guess some people here never seen fan-made animated music videos before.

If anyone been to an anime convention, "AMVs" (short for "Anime Music Videos"), is one of the staple events in the con. Most of the videos that these fans put together are short of amazing.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom