CHILLIWACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Today the first local record show in two years was held, and I spend two hours digging through boxes of LPs, 45s and CDs.
Not a lot of A&M stuff, but I spotted sealed copies of Brasil '66 EQUINOX and LOOK AROUND LPs priced at $12 each. Some A&M 45s were in the dollar box, but nothing I had to have (ex. Cat Stevens' "Moonshadow" double-sided mono/stereo promo).
Fifteen bucks was the price for a Boyce & Hart "Alice Long" 45 in its original picture sleeve.

My most interesting find was a CD reissue of the 1971 self-titled CHILLIWACK album, originally a 2-LP set (SP 3509). It was reissued under license by Irving Music, Inc., by Red Fox Records of France. Spent $16 for this one 'cause I've never seen it before, other than the used LP I bought for a buck several years back.
The band had one other A&M album, ALL OVER YOU (SP 4375) and it was another 9 years before their U.S. hit "My Girl (Gone So Long)."
JB
NH (now humming) "gone, gone, gone, I've been gone so long, I've been gone, gone, gone so long ..."

LPJim said:
Today the first local record show in two years was held, and I spend two hours digging through boxes of LPs, 45s and CDs. My most interesting find was a CD reissue of the 1971 self-titled CHILLIWACK album, originally a 2-LP set (SP 3509). It was reissued under license by Irving Music, Inc., by Red Fox Records of France. Spent $16 for this one 'cause I've never seen it before, other than the used LP I bought for a buck several years back.
The band had one other A&M album, ALL OVER YOU (SP 4375) and it was another 9 years before their U.S. hit "My Girl (Gone So Long)."
JB
NH (now humming) "gone, gone, gone, been gone so long, been gone, gone, gone so long ..."

I own "My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone)" by Chilliwack. Have it in Stereo & Mono on a Millenium Promotional '45'. Never considered their A&M stuff, though I'm sure I saw their double-album compilation and a couple out of the three albums they made for A&M.

Dave

I just got Chilliwack "Greatest Hits" at Border's Books in Flint, Michigan. It is an Canada import & an enhanced CD. The song called "Groundhog" from 1973 is NOT on the CD though. Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

Chilliwack! Have never heard their A&M-era stuff, but I love their Millennium-era singles. Listen to "My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone)" an awful lot (great single!) and "I Believe" (which - I believe - no pun intended - was their only other Top 40 hit) is one of the 45s I'm most trying to chase down lately, actually! (Is it just me, or has anyone else had any trouble tracking down stuff on Millennium? Usually takes me forever to find any Millennium 45s I want to get. (I've still yet to run across a 45 copy of Bruce Cockburn's "Wondering Where the Lions Are," which I thought would be easier to find.))
How does Chilliwack's A&M material compare to their '80s singles? Does it sound much different?

jfiedler17 said:
Chilliwack! Have never heard their A&M-era stuff, but I love their Millennium-era singles. Listen to "My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone)" an awful lot (great single!) and "I Believe" (which - I believe - no pun intended - was their only other Top 40 hit) is one of the 45s I'm most trying to chase down lately, actually! (Is it just me, or has anyone else had any trouble tracking down stuff on Millennium? Usually takes me forever to find any Millennium 45s I want to get.

"My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone)", is the only Millenium '45' I have seen, myself and maybe "Whatcha Gonna Do". But the original Millenium LP's, including WANNA BE A STAR, which has "My Girl" and "I Believe" crop up from time to time. I have seen the Millenium compilation CD that was mentioned; it is awfully expensive--on account of it being an Enhanced CD and an Import.

jfiedler17 said:
I've still yet to run across a 45 copy of Bruce Cockburn's "Wondering Where the Lions Are," which I thought would be easier to find.

I like "Coldest Night Of The year", myself. Funny how Cockburn sounds an awful lot like "another" Bruce--Springsteen. Wonder exactly why I hear "Cockburn", pronounced as "Co-Burn"?--or don't I ever hear it mispronounced, as my last name used to be. :sad:

jfiedler17 said:
How does Chilliwack's A&M material compare to their '80s singles? Does it sound much different?

I'm sure there is some resembelence--only tried a few LP's in a couple different stores--maybe combined would be ALL their works on A&M. "Throw An Egg At Him" is the only song I really played in its entirity.

Dave

Here's Chilliwack's two A&M LPs:

sp3509.jpg
sp4375.jpg

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom