Christmas albums remixed? ...

Someday

Following Richard's comments on the recent radio interview, what do we think? Is there any real chance that the Christmas albums could be remixed using the RPO technology and reissued? Or was that just a throwaway remark ...

I would love to see this happen. The arrangements are beautiful, and by bringing Karen's voice to the front of the mix (instead of drowning in reverb, as was the case on the remixed Christmas Portrait for Christmas Collection), this would be a highlight for the holiday season.

If they wanted a "new" Christmas song to add to the album and that could get radio airplay, I'd love to see Richard do an orchestral arrangement to back up Karen on "Sometimes." I love the piano-only version that closes the tan album, but think there's potential there for something that sounds warm and Christmasy. The lyric - which is focused on family and friends - could be a fitting addition to a Christmas collection.

Another good addition would be a medley that includes the slower version of "It's Christmas Time" from the Perry Como special, "Sleep Well Little Children," and "Adeste Fideles," and "Still Nacht" but perhaps with Karen's voice paired with contemporary vocalists, who would replace Gene Kelly and Georgia Engel from the originals. The medley could then close with both Richard and Karen singing the final part of "New Year's Resolution."

I know there's not a lot of options for more Christmas music from the Carpenters, but I can dream, can't I?

I'g guess if it were to happen, it'd be a 'best of', with Richard's choice of Christmas Tunes and the RPO. Just imagine 'Do you hear what I hear?' with full orchestra ... :)

I'g guess if it were to happen, it'd be a 'best of', with Richard's choice of Christmas Tunes and the RPO. Just imagine 'Do you hear what I hear?' with full orchestra ... :)
Hopefully he’d orchestrate it where each song, whether it be tracks from CP or AOFC would flow into each one, like he did on the Christmas Portrait: Special Edition, rather than stopping and starting.

Of course I guess we could see pieces of the instrumentals sprinkled in between the different tracks, as we saw “Someday” and some other Carpenters melodies sprinkled in between the tracks on RPO 1.

Hopefully he’d orchestrate it where each song, whether it be tracks from CP or AOFC would flow into each one, like he did on the Christmas Portrait: Special Edition, rather than stopping and starting.

Of course I guess we could see pieces of the instrumentals sprinkled in between the different tracks, as we saw “Someday” and some other Carpenters melodies sprinkled in between the tracks on RPO 1.

Given the sheer complexity of the Christmas Portrait album and how Billy May and Peter Knight originally orchestrated around 90% of it, I dread to think how much further tinkering there would be by Richard after it got its first RPO release!

Given the sheer complexity of the Christmas Portrait album and how Billy May and Peter Knight originally orchestrated around 90% of it, I dread to think how much further tinkering there would be by Richard after it got its first RPO release!
You might dread it, but I’d find an RPO Christmas album just wonderful and fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom