• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Clairo cites the Carpenters as her biggest influence

Tony

In a recent interview with Vogue, Clairo credits our duo as being a major influence. Here's the money quote:

I can definitely hear shades of Carole King and Paul Simon, but also a lot of Todd Rundgren and Carly Simon. Who are some of your other musical influences?

You just named two of them but the Carpenters were the biggest influence on me. I think Karen Carpenter is one of the best vocalists ever. I just bought this Carpenters fan-club book on eBay–I think it’s from ’77 when they were promoting Now & Then–and it has so many photos and little quotes from them on tour. The last page of the book had a ton of merch, like t-shirts and bumper stickers and a watch with their faces on it. It’s in perfect condition and I love it so much.

lily-anne

karen carpenter's unrecognized daughter
my two favs here 🥺🥺 i also love clairo a lot so this made me super happy!! clairo also put love me for what i am on her spotify playlist. her musics are great, especially management and amoeba from her new album sling!

Top Bottom