C's Imports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

While rifling thru the neighborhood used record store I came upon two Japanese cd releases that I am not familiar with. One is CarpenterS BEST SELECTION. This is basically a greatest hits package, although a surprise was that WOJB is presented with the Singles 69-73 intro. Speaking of Singles 69-73 there WAS a copy of that. Then I found this other Japanese deal that has five singles, Ticket, Song4u, Clos2u, Won't Last a day, Hush. A cool mini-cd size thing. As if that weren't enough for one outing I also picked up an unopened mint-condition copy of Olivia's Soul kiss l.p. All this for $19.00. Buying people's cast-asides can be quite fun.

Jeff

djn said:
Then I found this other Japanese deal that has five singles, Ticket, Song4u, Clos2u, Won't Last a day, Hush. A cool mini-cd size thing

Jeff, what does the jewel case cover pic look like on this rare mini disc? I didn't know that one existed. Are these the original mixes or re-mixes? What year was this issued? I do have 1 mini disc from Japan that contains 3 tracks: The Christmas Song, Winter Wonderland/Silver Bells/White Christmas This is the one with the Christmas tree on front.

djn said:
As if that weren't enough for one outing I also picked up an unopened mint-condition copy of Olivia's Soul kiss l.p. All this for $19.00. Buying people's cast-asides can be quite fun.Jeff

Oh, most of my recent Lp's are castaways, some even buried deep within boxes at my local record shop just waiting for me to come along :)

Offtopic:
Curious what you think of the Olivia Soul Kiss Lp? Have you opened it, if so like to hear what you think of it, alot of Livvy fans don't like it for the racey lyrics & induendoes. This is actually one album that Olivia never sings any tracks from anymore, fans have asked her why at concerts (backstage) she says she won't sing from that album cause there were no hits. I tend to think that (now that she is older) she doesn't care for the album content anymore & refuses to sing from it. Just my opinion.

BEST SELECTION has a bouquet looking thing on the cover. Remixes. Mini singles disc is original mixes. It has a couple of who knows who biking.

Fed Ex delivered my treasure trove of coveted SINGLES yesterday. I await 7 more in transit. All earmarked for introductory. Record sales you know. Somehow I've always thought that greater sales encourage unreleased material. Hence, my 16 copies of Calling Occupants. Now the practice of compulsive acquisation is my obscure way of experiencing new release flashback. Tower Records is no competition. Poor things. Also, sorry if I depleted stock. You understand.

ONJ's Soul Kiss will remain sealed. Naturally. My catalog is already bursting. SK is a fun departure and remains a favourite.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom