• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Definitive Hits still on Billboard chart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I was just paging thru this week's Billboard and noticed that Herb Alpert's Definitive Hits is still on the Contemporary Jazz chart. It's a #19 this week, and has charted for 82 weeks. It is by far the longest-running album currently on that chart...second place is held by Glow, by Peter White, at 55 weeks.

See, Universal...there IS a market for this music!

Mike Blakesley said:
I was just paging thru this week's Billboard and noticed that Herb Alpert's Definitive Hits is still on the Contemporary Jazz chart. It's a #19 this week, and has charted for 82 weeks. It is by far the longest-running album currently on that chart...second place is held by Glow, by Peter White, at 55 weeks.

See, Universal...there IS a market for this music!

How does this compare with the TJB albums it was culled from in the first place? Seems like TE LONELY BULL was on the charts for a couple of years...maybe Herb as as popular as ever...

Dan

Def Hits had been a bestseller through my old CDNow and current Amazon links. I think through the site, if I had to guess, we've sold more than 50 copies of this CD since it came out. (My CDNow stats are now history...wish I could still get at them.) Eight were sold since the beginning of December. Lately, folks have been buying an imported Very Best of Herb Alpert compilation....we have sold six of these since the beginning of December.

Reissues really would perk things up! I just hope Amazon sells them...or I'll think about buying inventory and selling them myself! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom