• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Different Versions of Dead Mans Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANIOS

I have just bought a copy of "Now & Then - Digitally Remastered".

I had a copy of this on vinyl when it first came out but it was stolen at a party.

On listening to Dead Mans Curve I am convinced that the remastered version is a totally different track from the original LP.

Can anyone comment? Is there more than one version??

I don't hear any difference as far as the body of the track is concerned. I think because the EQ'ing is cleaner due to the digital factor where the remaster is concerned, you are hearing more "space" if you will, allowing the listener to hear more of what is actually going on in the track (certain nuances, vocals, etc.). That is more or less the objective with the
digital remastering. -Chris

DANIOS said:
Can anyone comment? Is there more than one version??

Here in the U.S., we have the "Remaster Classics" series, which are the original LP album (non-remixed) versions. I don't know if the earlier Now & Then CD had that track remixed or not, as I never owned it. Could be that, as Chris says, you're just better able to hear the music on the CD (which is dependent on your vinyl vs. CD playback equipment, of course).

If you have heard Richard's remixed DJ-less medley released on Readers Digest Box set (1997) ....all the medley tracks have extended musical parts which Tony Peluso's voice -over covered ....makes the songs sound quite different :o

Perhaps you have listened to several of these versions and noticed the changes :?:

Wonder why Richard left off Do Ron Ron from this remixed medley -perhaps problem or damage to original mastertapes :confused:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom