• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Drew Carey Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal

I was watching the Drew Carey show, and he and his band played a Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass song, but they never mentioned the name of the song, and it wasn't listed during the credits. Would anybody be able to name this song for me? I am new to Herb Alpert, and therefore am unfamiliar with a lot of his work. I would like to buy some of his work, especially one that contains this unkown(to me) song. Thanks for all your help.
Erik

I think that show is a repeat from several years ago. If it is the episode that I am thinking about, the song is "A Taste of Honey", found on numerous greatest hits albums by Herb.

So the story goes...

Drew is an Alpert fan and asked Herb to appear in that scene. (The camera was to pan over when the band finished playing, and Herb would shake his head and walk away.)

But Herb said no.

So the story goes...

Drew is an Alpert fan and asked Herb to appear in that scene. (The camera was to pan over when the band finished playing, and Herb would shake his head and walk away.)

But Herb said no.

That would have been a great scene! That was a funny episode anyway. They played "Taste Of Honey" in G minor, which was interesting.

Capt. Bacardi
NP: Miles Davis - The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom