• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Evening At The Pops 1974

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Hot on the heels of the 'Talk Of The Town' complete show, the same user has posted the complete 'Evening At The Pops' on youtube.

A couple of highlights for me: I love the moment at 5m25s where just the orchestra plays the strings to 'For All We Know' before the band kicks in and Karen's vocal intro follows. Watch also around 24m18s, where you get to see a couple of glimpses of a proud Karen applauding her older brother from the audience after his performance of 'Warsaw Concerto'. How great is that? Most artists of her stature would just go and wait backstage, but Karen went right out and sat in the audience to watch.

Last edited:
Thanks, Stephen.
This made my day.
A joy to watch, as I have never seen the entire program.
Five Minutes in...too long to wait for Karen's Vocals to begin!
Stellar, For All We Know.....what a Voice!
Note the drums, at 9m 5s, for Top of The World.
At 11m48s , Close To You, Deep & Rich!
A fine rendition of Warsaw Concerto. (10 minutes)
Superstar, Rainy Days, Goodbye To Love....Fantastic....
(Why the Camera angle at Karen's back during portions of this (28& 39m) ?)
Yesterday Once More, Hurting Each Other, We'eve Only Just Begun....Fantastic!
What a Voice!!
Time for a good cry.

Five Minutes in...too long to wait for Karen's Vocals to begin!

I thought the same GaryAlan...it was almost like listening to 'An Old Fashioned Christmas' :laugh:. It also looks awfully cramped on stage with the orchestra and all. Karen didn't have a lot of room at the front to work with.

What a treat, sincerely enjoyed this. Brings back old memories, Karen looked and sounded great. Richard was amazing! :)

WOW! Never seen these programs (just clips!) Now if someone uploaded the full Holland/Belgium 1974 shows that would be wonderful! Definitely saving these gems onto the external hard drive. :)

I remember watching this when it was broadcast in 1974. This was probably why I moved to Boston 1987 and then the snow drove me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom