Fan Club Catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyLoveSongs

I am the guy who...

Conceived and designed this, photographed all the items, created the "half-tones" (as it was a bit before desktop publishing), made the printing plates and ran it off on an ABDick press.

I am considering doing a "redux" version - completely digital - as I still have all my original imagery.

FANCLUB.jpg

Wow! What an honor that must have been.
I loved getting one of the first editions of this. Wasn't it right around 1985-ish??
The only "problem" I ever had with it was that every time I received a new copy (usually with ordered merchandise) it seemed as though more and more merchandise had that red felt tip ink dragged through it indicating the item was sold out. The last copy [of the catalog] I received had so many out-of-stocks inked out, it looked as though my 3 year old went berserk with the marker.
If I may ask, are you still in contact with Mr. Carpenter or his "circle"? Can you talk him into more merchandise/collectibles??? What a great way to raise money for charities of his choosing!! Any thoughts???

I'm a little lost about this, since I was never part of the Carpenters fan club.

Did they actually issue a catalog with merchandise? I've only seen some merchandise here & there show up on ebay such as stickers, sun visors, pens w/(logo) & some t-shirts and of course official posters.

What kind of things did they sell in the catalog? Were there pictures for each item? Who did you send your payment into? Did Evelyn Wallace take care of all this? Or did they outsourse it to another co to handle?

Just curious.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Did they actually issue a catalog with merchandise? I've only seen some merchandise here & there show up on ebay such as stickers, sun visors, pens w/(logo) & some t-shirts and of course official posters.

What kind of things did they sell in the catalog? Were there pictures for each item? Who did you send your payment into? Did Evelyn Wallace take care of all this? Or did they outsourse it to another co to handle?

Yes Chris,

this was a catalog, if you will, which displayed all the merchandise which was still available when I created this. Loads of 8x10 b&w/colour photos, t-shirts, music books, etc.

Ev was the person who handled most of the tasks involved with the club by this time.

Mark SLS

Hi gang,

This is something I know about as I joined in 1971 at the tender age of 8. I have belt buckles with CarpenterS logo,envelope organizers, tour books, 45's, posters, wedding pictures, backstage pass, much correspondance, scarves, pendants, funeral remembrance card detailing format of service, and ANTHING else that they offered. It was alot of fun waiting for my treasure to arrive in the mail box. The catalog was really a folded 2 page document with all of the items pictured and hand drawn renditions of the posters. I still have several of these and would be happy to post for perusal at a later date. Too bad these items are not offered now as they are really quite collectible.

reminiscing,

Jeff

That does bring back some memories! I, too, ordered many items from the fan club over the years.

While I love my plastic "Carpenters" desk organizer and telephone directories, my all-time favorite fan club item is the "Carpenters" Metric-English measurement conversion slide rule:

slide.jpg
(front and back)

I challenge you to find a fan club with more useful items!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom