Favorite Baja Marimba Band cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and the songs are great- Julius doing "Spanish Flea", the version which took me years to get into- "Midnight Sun", the classic, done great. "As Time Goes By", another really nice arrangement. I guess to say it in a simplistic way, it was a classy album.
It would make a supercool CD. :)

Just picked on this thread this morning.

As a relative newcomer the BMB, my favourite track - by a mile - must be I'll Marimba You.

Stephen

Well, I still consider the CCM disc to be a tease; covers the basics, but leaves you wanting much more. But, like the Alpert catalog, there doesn't seem to be any interest in exploiting it at this time. Again, a pity, and all our pitiful wails fall on deaf ears over at UMG. What else is new, right? :rolleyes:

ED:cool:

There is that three-CD 36-track set kicking around on the Timeless Music label, which apparently doesn't have much overlap. Haven't sprung for it yet myself...but might wait for a good sale. :wink:

Ed Bishop said:
Well, I still consider the CCM disc to be a tease; covers the basics, but leaves you wanting much more. But, like the Alpert catalog, there doesn't seem to be any interest in exploiting it at this time. Again, a pity, and all our pitiful wails fall on deaf ears over at UMG. What else is new, right? :rolleyes:

ED:cool:

That Timeless Music link is:

http://www.timelessmusic.com/catalog/albumdetail.cfm?id=576

By the way -- it sounds great.

Harry

Jorjana #1 (from As Time Goes By) is really a masterpiece. It is really a drag that this was the last A&M album, and oddly, the only A&M album with no representation on that 3 disc CD.

It may be of some interest that the song "Left Field" was used about that time as an opening theme to all the Chicago Cubs Broadcasts on WGN-Channel 9 for an entire season. I don't remember exactly which year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom