For Rudy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
I am a big Michigan Wolverines fan since the days of Rick Leach & of course BO. I watched the games on TV since September of 1976 when Michigan beat Texas A&M by a score of 41-3 when I was 11 years old. I am NOT a Michigan State Spartans fan whatsoever!!! I do have on VHS "The Bo Years 1969-1989" & "The 10 Year War: Bo vs. Woody 1969-1978" when I was at the M Den back in 1999. GO Blue & beat the USC Trojans at the Rose Bowl!!! Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

Yay--a Wolverine fan is in da house! :D I don't watch all the games, unless it is one of the rivalry matches like with Michigan State or Ohio State. And of course, a bowl game if they make it. I've got all of my Michigan threads on today, and hung the maize and blue flag outdoors in preparation for tomorrow. :wink:

I went to the used record store in downtown Ann Arbor near across the Border's book store & I would like to get two A&M albums from 1971. If you can ask the manager of the store to get me Baja Marimba Band "As Time Goes By" & Hookfoot. I am planning to go back to Ann Arbor to that record store by early March if it's not snowing. Hopefully he can get those for me if both albums are not scratched! I went to Flint, MI but those three used record stores including Pete Flanders Musical Memories did not have those albums. Could you write to me back on the message board if that store has it! Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

USC! USC! USC! USC! USC! USC! USC! USC! USC! USC!

...etc...

--Mr Bill

Matt: I probably won't be over that way for a few weeks...in fact, you may beat me there in early March! I'm tied up on a lot of backed-up work here.

Do you remember which store it was? Was it Encore? You might give a call over there and see if they'd check stock for you. I doubt they could hold anything for pickup--the inventory situation is, how should I put it...a little chaotic? :laugh: But maybe if they had it they'd mail it up to you. They seem to turn over a lot of inventory also, so it's worth checking every couple of weeks. If I happen to pop in and see either title, I'll drop you a private message here.

So Neil's a rabbi now, circumcising people's posts... :wink:

--Mr Bill

One "USC!" I could see...a page full of them was distracting.

Yes it was Encore Records in Ann Arbor!! I might have to wait until the last week of March. I don't want to call that place because my mom won't let me call long distance by cell phone. Matthew Clark Sanford, MI

I finally went to Encore Records in Ann Arbor this evening around at 7:00 & gave the managers my list of out of print albums including Baja Marimba Band "As Time Goes By" & Hookfoot "Debut" among others. I also written down the phone number at my house or e-mail if they can find it. I also went to Rare Bird Records in Flint, MI at around 4:30 & also gave the manager the list of out of print albums. Though it was snowing, I was safe coming home! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

AM Matt said:
I finally went to Encore Records in Ann Arbor this evening around at 7:00 & gave the managers my list of out of print albums including Baja Marimba Band "As Time Goes By" & Hookfoot "Debut" among others. I also written down the phone number at my house or e-mail if they can find it. I also went to Rare Bird Records in Flint, MI at around 4:30 & also gave the manager the list of out of print albums. Though it was snowing, I was safe coming home! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Aww, I made my trip to Encore LAST Saturday. Love the "Drawer Of Brasilian Stuff"--found a lot of Sergio Mendes LP's there--including MASCARADE, the repackaging of YE, ME, LE. I Love Encore--There's always new and interesting stuff there!! Sundays are usually best for me, however--'Cause you can park for FREE!!!

Dave

...admitting that I travel over 70 miles to get to and from The Most Farthest Away Record Store I've ever been to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom