• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Geri Stevens and Dodie Stevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

I had an old 45 of my parents that I remember called Pink Shoelaces by Dodie Stevens.
And I have the Primal Roots album from Sergio Mendes with Geri Stevens.
The question is easy:
Are they the same person?

Well, have you ever seen them together? :wink: Seriously, yes, they're the same person.

Maybe I'm too young (I'm 40), but I don't remember Pink Shoe Laces at all...never even heard it on the oldies stations. My mom, however, remembered the song quite well. I recall her being surprised to discover that Geri was a vocalist for Sergio. Following a Brasil '77 concert she remarked, "I never would have known that was Dodie 'Pink Shoe Laces' Stevens...boy, can that girl sing!" :laugh:

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

She had yet a third identity: She recorded three 45s for the World Pacific label in 1969-70 under the name "Geraldine Stevens." Her song "Billy, I've Got to Go to Town" -- an "answer record" to "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town" -- appeared briefly in the country charts in 1969.

Tim Neely said:
She had yet a third identity: She recorded three 45s for the World Pacific label in 1969-70 under the name "Geraldine Stevens." Her song "Billy, I've Got to Go to Town" -- an "answer record" to "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town" -- appeared briefly in the country charts in 1969.

That was HER!??!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom