Get Well Wish for Wendell Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Dave Eden has just sent me a message saying that our old friend Wendell Johnson has fallen ill with pancreatic cancer. :sad: The outlook isn't good, he says, but we can all hope, wish and pray that he will miraculously pull out of this. While he has been out of contact with many of his online friends for some time now, I just hope that he will be able to make a trip over here to read our get well wishes for him.

From personal experience with family members, I know that this type of illness takes a lot out of a person...even day-to-day functions are a struggle at times. (Seeing my mother take ten minutes to walk to a bathroom that was only 15 feet away certainly drove this point home with me many years ago!) Even if he can't make it over here, I will see that after a week or so, I forward any message posted here.

Thank you for posting this, and he should be kept in our thoughts and prayers. This disease is among the most difficult to treat and deserves as much research effort as medical science can provide. I'm hopeful we will be kept informed about him.
JB

I am sorry to hear that about Wendell, Cancer is such a terrible disease. I lost my brother Glenn to stomach cancer in May 2000, my brother Bill was diagnosed with throat and lung cancer January 2002 and is fighting it now, and two of my neices husbands were diagnosed last fall, one with stomach cancer who passed away in December at age 53, and the other neices husband has Esophageal cancer that is inoperable and he too is 53 years old. I had a scare in October where they suspected throat cancer, I lucked out and it is only a problem with the Esophagus that is treatable with medication. Pancreatic cancer ran in President Jimmy Carters family and is very scary, but they are coming up with better treatments for it all of the time. So Neil, don't feel you need to send this post to Wendell, it's too depressing, but please do send him my wishes when you contact him. I will try and send a personal message on his site, haven't been there in years, but will for this. Thanks.

Wendell-A few years ago the store I managed bellied up. While going through resume work,job searching,etc. For the first time in 30 years,I had no place to go during the day where someone needed me to do something. I started surfing the web(teaching myself by trial and error) at my public library. Yours was an site that I found early in my surfing adventures. While parts of my life were crumbling around,here was a place of familarity somewhere out in space. I had no idea there were other TJB fans out there with the same passion that I felt about this music. Here was someone who even had their old fanclub card-a cherished souvenir from days past that I never owned. My folks rarely supported my love of this stuff and wouldn't let me join the club(Where else would I have gotten the couple of bucks for joining?). I was both envious and gladdened just to see it. Your site gave me a few moments away from turmoil and reassured me that I fit in this world. Thanks so much for your work. My prayers go with you for continued strength with hopes that you feel the peace that you gave me. You never know.... Mac

I've heard that Wendell has not been active in his own website in awhile, for obvious reasons, so hopefully he will at least be able to check in there and read any messages. I'll post anything else I find here.

I am sorry to hear all of this bad news. I discovered A&M Corner through his site, and I have gone to both sites often since. I chatted with him a few times through instant messaging and he was a nice guy to talk to. I like almost anyone who enjoys TJB, BMB, Carpenters, etc. Hope you feel better Wendell! Joe, cold in New Orleans

Wendell, I'm thinking about you up here in Pennsylvania. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Keep a positive outlook -- it can work wonders.

Harry
...hoping for the best, online...

Wendell, if it hadn't been for the Magic Trumpet, I never would have met some wonderful friends like Shirley, Joe and you...each of you has touched my life in so many ways that I can't begin to count them all. I wish I could say or do something to make this go away, but I can't...all I can do is tell you that I'm with you, at least in spirit. Of course, you'll be in my prayers and thoughts, and if I can do anything for you, let me know...God Bless and comfort you, and give you peace.

Dan

Hoping Wendell recovers fully. All your fellow TJB fans are pulling for you. I too discovered so much through his site. GET WELL SOON
Marty

This disease is among the most difficult to treat and deserves as much research effort as medical science can provide.

I should know...my grandfather on my father's side of the family died of Pancreatic Cancer before he was 60 years old--six years before I was born and ahead of my ever meeting him.

I'm someone who believes in miracles--and with perserverance and positive thinking, as well as whatever effort that today's medical world can provide, I do hope Wendell recovers, joining the ranks of Cancer Survivors everywhere.

Wendell, if you are reading this, know my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I sincerely hope and KNOW you will pull through!

Hang In There, Buddy and May You Survive!

Dave

Dear Wendell,
I was shocked to hear of your disease and I know that you will be going through hard times. You are in my prayers...

Regards from the cold north

Martin

Wendell,

You are in my prayers. Please let bygones be bygones, stop being a stranger and visit us here soon. We're all brothers and friends in our love of A&M.

--Mr Bill
from the Middle East for now

Dear A&M Corner friends,

I am deeply saddened to learn of Wendell's illness. Let me ask one thing of all my friends here at A&M Corner, please pray for Wendell. I know with all my heart that it is only because of my faith, devotion and deep prayer to God that my incredible wife Mary was able to survive 2 high tech cardiac procedures a couple of years ago. At first I was scared that I would lose my Mary. I fell to my knees in deep prayer that The Lord spare her a few more years in my care. My Lord graciously blessed me with that gift. I ask that we all pray to God for Wendell. God works his miracles everyday!

I am in deep prayer for you Wendell!

God Bless you,

Tom

Moments ago I had an instant message chat with Mr. Wendell Johnson. First he said to tell all the Corner regulars he appreciates their prayers and has a "place for you in my heart, no matter what our disagreements."
Understandably, his condition keeps him tired, but he checks his email each evening since leaving the hospital recently. He was admitted for ear surgery at the time the more serious condition was discovered.
I had been signed on for only 5 minutes - long enough to delete the 'spam' in my mailbox - when Wendell's IM popped up.
It's impossible to overstate how glad and honored I was to hear from him so quickly.
I am hopeful he will continue to keep in touch. He will remain utmost in our thoughts and prayers.
JB
NP: Nothing yet, but I think one of my A&M gospel albums from the Rev. Al Green of Memphis seems darned appropriate.

I, too, am saddened by Wendell's condition. I spoke with him tonight and much like LP Jim stated, he is apprecative of your kind words and support during this very difficult time in his life. He is not really up to makng posts yet, he says he has good days and bad days, but he wanted me to let all of you know that he is taking it one day at a time and trying to stay positive. I was fortunate enough to meet Wendell last summer while taking a road trip to New York. On my way back, I stopped in to see him at his home in Memphis. He was a genuinely nice guy and we had a lot of fun jamming together. Mostly Herb Alpert tunes, but also some of his own original songs as well. It really made the road trip for me as we had talked about jamming for a long time before that. Wendell, may you get better soon, buddy. All my prayers are with you and I hope to have more jam sessions with you in the future.

David,
hoping to go "Down The Mississippi" again soon.........

I was over at Wendell's site and I think we all know Wendell is a pioneer along with Neil in this A&M cyberworld. I hope your condition remisses and you are 100% again very soon Wendell. We are all thinking about you. :wink:

Had an Instant message from Wendell today when I was online, he says he is hanging in there. Having a problem with balance due to the inner ear, they may do an injection type surgery to correct it. His spirits are good though and he says he is getting through it by hearing from people who care, so if you haven't sent a message to him yet you may want to do that.

I keep watching my instant messenger as well, but unfortunately I can't time it right. I'm usually online before dinner, and then not really back until after the kids are in bed.

Wendell,

I've never met you, but a friend of this forum is a friend of mine. Please get well! You must be something else to merit this kind of love and concern. The good guys always do....

ED:cool:

Hi Wendell,

I hope you are able to check out the forum from time to time to see this and other messages of prayer for you. Remember, God is loving, comforting and works his miracles everyday. I continue to pray for you my friend. God Bless you. That wonderful best selling book The Bible still is the best.

God Bless You!

Tom :D

Tom said:
Hi Wendell...I hope you are able to check out the forum from time to time to see this and other messages of prayer for you. Remember, God is loving, comforting and works his miracles everyday. I continue to pray for you my friend. God Bless you. That wonderful best selling book The Bible still is the best...God Bless You! Tom :D

Here! Here!! I believe Tom's feelings are echoed by all here on the Corner. We're praying for you, Wendell! Hang in there!! :)

Jon

Does anyone hear from Wendell? I heard from him once and have Emailed him several times but haven't heard back. I hope that he is doing alright.

cakeicer said:
Does anyone hear from Wendell? I heard from him once and have Emailed him several times but haven't heard back. I hope that he is doing alright.

Nope, haven't heard a word from him. I've also written a time or two. I also hope he's well. Is he married? Is there anyone who can respond to our messages? Has anyone heard from him at all?

Our prayers are definitely with him.

Jon

...wishing Wendell well, online...

I continue to pray that Wendell will be well. In addition, I ask all my friends here at the corner to please pray for my wonderful wife, Mary. Just yesterday (Tuesday-03/20/03) Mary was diagnosed with breast cancer. We meet with the oncologist in Pensacola Wednesday @ 2 p-m to find out more about the surgery which will be a "lumpectomy". The doctors believe we have caught it early because it's the size of a green pea, but there is no guarantee. Please pray for my wife and for Wendell.

I am thankful for the 4 and a half years The Good Lord has richly blessed me with my Mary. I pray he will find it in his love and grace to allow us to be together for a while longer. She has a steadfast love for The Lord and so to I. We play our lives in his loving hands.

God Bless you all.

Tom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom