Gold - Billboard Comprehensive Album Chart Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1234

Hello Fellow Carpettes,

The following is the chart trajectory of the Carpenters' Gold - 35th Anniversary Edition on Billboard's Comprehensive Album Chart.

CARPENTERS GOLD: 35TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION (by The Carpenters)

Date: 28/02/2004 - Run: 123-134-125-121-126-*106*-131-157 (8 wks)

Thank you for the post! While I enjoy watching chart action, overall I prefer to see the rankings flow in another direction. GOLD may very well be an album that grows steadily with time. It appears to be one of the most all inclusive CarpenterS sets. With it being available everywhere I turn around, and still in several new release racks it is still "out there" for Joe/Jane consumer to ponder. Also, My knack for product "placement" within each retail space helps assure me that lack of visibility isn't an issue. I can't help myself from adding a little dis-placement to Mariah somebody and Mary Chapin someone or another. Especially when fulfilling a need. AS TIME GOES BY will also be given the same exposure by yours truly.

Tending to the Pacific Nortwest,

Jeff

At a magazine shop I opened the april 4th or so issue of billboard saying chartwise GOLD has bounced back from 123 or something, maybe 112 I dunno. Anyway it is #101 according to that issue. Somehow I knew that dis-placing Mariah somebody, Mary chapin something and Harry Connick Jr. to new locations, thereby showcasing GOLD, would have some monumental effect. Much like my 16 copies of CALLING OCC's bought in 1977. Or so I like to think.

Good luck finding Mariah in Portland, Or.

Jeff

hi.

i live in bham, alabama and i just wanted you guys to know that yesterday when i was in our local best buy, they had tons of gold albums as well as some other c's albums and not only that there were a bunch displayed at the end of an aisle facing the front of the store when people come in - prominent display and i was very pleased.

FYI,

I finally saw CarpenterS GOLD promotional commercial. With each order is a free GOLD promo poster. It appears to be the same as the picture that Chris Ord. Fool posted. I had been pouting, feeling sorry for myself and desperate for acquisition. This pity party spawned the order of two sets. I'm not sure if this appropriate or not. Harry will have to make the ultimate decision, but here is the toll-free number just in case the fever persists at The Corner. 1-800-796-1500.

Jeff

I'm fairly suprised it did as well as it did. I would bet that a good share of the buyers are fairly recent CD player purchasers who are traveling down memory lane, and only had many of the songs on beat-up LPs previously.

I haven't bought it myself. There was a time when I picked up every new Carps comp to read the new liner notes and see what Richard would do with sequencing, segueing, etc but there have been no surprises on the last few; in fact the liners are getting repetitious! So I'm off the train as far as reissues go, for now at least.

Sales are between 150,000 > 200,000 which are good for a double CD set ....these are doubled for multi -disc releases .....so as 2004 continues and with Universal / A&M promotion this Autumn / Christmas ....USA Gold should be shipped / certified within first year of release :)

While the chart positions may be average .....Carpenters still have loyal & expanding audiences / buyers for their album issues :cool:

Peter

Does that mean that Universal will promove it again on Autumn/Christmas?

I'm really hopping it goes gold...

Is its commercial still being airing on TV?

Thanks for your replies,
Leandro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom