• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Good morning San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakeicer

Watching KRON television news this morning from San Francisco for updates on some raging fires burning in the South Bay the past three days. As this station goes to a break they fade out with bits of recorded music, this morning it was Jewel doing "Sweet home Alabama" nice. But on the second break I couldn't believe my ears, Brasil '66 doing not "Mais Que Nada," not "One note Samba," but "Agua De Beb'er" What a great way to start a brisk Fall morning! :D

Recently, I had a similar surprise hearing of "Mas Que Nada" by Brasil '66.

Our Hot Adult Contemporary station, not a place where you'd expect to hear an old '60s Brazilian pop song, was using, inexplicably, "Mas Que Nada" as a music bed for when the DJs were speaking. Needless to say, I found it a strange-but-welcome choice. When I asked the powers that be at the station why they were using the record, it turned out that they wanted to use something familiar from the AUSTIN POWERS movies, so it was in "rotation" as a music bed with other AUSTIN POWERS songs.

Harry
NP: radio at work

One short-lived local station (probably a Cheap Channel affiliate) used to play part of "Tijuana Taxi" for the traffic report. The significance of the song was probably lost on 99.9% of the listeners of that station...

-= N =-

Gee,Harry,I recently heard "Spanish Flea" used as background by John DeBella on a certain Philly classic rock station for a Rolling Stones trivia contest. Any influence? Hey,it was the best bit of music during that half hour. Mac

Actually, no I had nothing to do with that one. I'd given Andre Gardner, our afternoon and "Beatles" guy some A&M/Beatles songs, but never broached the subject with Mr. Debella -- I'll have to ask him about it. I know we had "Spanish Flea" in the library for use on our old "Dating Game" promotions.

Harry
...surprised at that turn of events, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom