• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Gordon Lightfood Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy said:
Here's a good one about Gord's recent illness and what he's working on:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...010.wlight1010/BNStory/Front/?query=lightfoot

Well, I hope Gord is able to recover, finish that album and continue performing. I've never seen him live and I think he'd be a terrific Main Attraction, from what I hear.

I am one of the many who appreciate his songs, both ones that are his own versions, as well as other artists' reinditions of them.

Dave

...Wishing Gordon My Very Best... :wink:

I've seen Gordon Lightfoot a number of times, and even got to meet him once when he came to the radio station on a promotional tour. My wife's a huge fan, and I like him a lot too.

The last time we saw him, in the now-gone Valley Forge Music Fair, his show was absolutely terrific. He was no longer promoting any kind of 'latest album' at the time, so the show dwelled on past hits and fan-favorites from his entire career. That night he was in fine voice and really 'on' - a spectacular show.

His four CD-box set called Songbook from Rhino is a good one - a career retrospective chock full of all of his memorable hits and album tracks as well as previously unissued rarities.

Harry
...is it Friday yet?, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom