🎵 AotW GREATEST HITS - Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass

If you've owned or heard this album, how would you rate it?

• * * * * * (Best)

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • * * * (Average)

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • * (Worst)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't heard this album

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Herb really needs three greatest hits collections… TJB era, A&M solo era, and whatever you’d call the current era.
That actually might be the box set in a nutshell...but all in one place. 😁

I wonder how many anthologies out there assemble hits based purely on chart performance. I know we did a single-CD exercise with this for the TJB tracks. For later albums, the hits might not have been on Billboard's main Top 100 chart--they could appear on a jazz chart, urban chart, etc., and a savvy anthology would be wise to cover those bases.

That actually might be the box set in a nutshell...but all in one place. 😁

I wonder how many anthologies out there assemble hits based purely on chart performance. I know we did a single-CD exercise with this for the TJB tracks. For later albums, the hits might not have been on Billboard's main Top 100 chart--they could appear on a jazz chart, urban chart, etc., and a savvy anthology would be wise to cover those bases.
That would be a Good way to approach compilations not just focus on Billboard's main chart but also the other charts too to me that would be what I call "Definitive " as well as part of a savvy anthology

Back
Top Bottom