• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 4th from me as well. I am moved and getting settled in, big relief!
Invited to a bbq. with my son and friends this evening and may go see some fireworks later. Be safe everyone! :usflag:

Mr Bill said:
Happy Indendence Day. Check out the cool animation at this link. Stick with it -- it doesn't make sense at first but then -- BAM! -- it'll hit you...

Happy Independence Day, Bill and everyone!!!

Isn't this link amazing? I received it via e-mail a couple of days ago. I know what you mean when you say it doesn't make sense at first. The magic hit me when the red and white fish did their "thing". As I said, amazing.

Best To Everyone!

Jon

Thanks, Mr. Bill, for the link. Watching those fish is really relaxing. I'm thinking about driving to the top of a nearby hill to watch fireworks while avoiding all the traffic.
I can already hear my neighbors' firecrackers, and it isn't even dark yet.
Happy 4th to all.
JB

LPJim said:
I can already hear my neighbors' firecrackers, and it isn't even dark yet.

Yeah, I had to go to work early this morning and there were still fireworks going off after midnight last night. Between that and my dog freaking out I didn't get much sleep. :confused: So much for the fireworks ban in the city. :evil:

I went to a friend's house last night who lives outside of city limits. His whole neighborhood was shooting everything you can think of off. Some of these idiots were pointing some fireworks at other people's houses, and they would be hitting the garages and/or roofs, thinking it was funny. That lasted until a kid got hit with one. It just ruined it for everyone. When I left to go home the streets were littered with all kinds of bottles and debris. I was driving slow just to be sure I wouldn't hit anybody and people were shooting fireworks near my car. I felt I was in Belfast or Beirut or some place like that.

Capt. Bacardi

We saw a controlled display at the Fairgrounds. On the way home, we noticed one street away from ours was blocked off with cones at each end. Wouldn't you know they were shooting off fireworks until well past midnight? Talk about a dog going nuts! My Black Lab, Whoopie, just about went through the roof, she was shaking so bad. After midnight, all was quiet (save for an occasional firecracker in the distance) and sleep came easily...thank God. It had been a long (but happy) day. I was gone the minute my head hit the pillow. :yawn:

Jon

...with memories of July 4th, 2003, online...

Thanks VERY much, Bill, for this link. Both Bob and I loved it! Checked out some other stuff on this site, too. The Thanksgiving turkey is neat, too!

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom