Heard Carpenters

It was not only the most popular wedding song for years, but also one of the most popular graduation songs - still being used today.

Never heard of that before. The "white lace and promises" lyric is a bit incongruous with graduation.

Never heard of that before. The "white lace and promises" lyric is a bit incongruous with graduation.
Well, maybe - but some people do make promises to themselves at graduation - and there's lots of kisses for good luck as graduates learn to walk in the real world before running - and then they share horizons and watch for signs along the way, as there's so much of life ahead...

Well, maybe - but some people do make promises to themselves at graduation - and there's lots of kisses for good luck as graduates learn to walk in the real world before running - and then they share horizons and watch for signs along the way, as there's so much of life ahead...
You conveniently forgot about the "white lace" part. :laugh:

Here's how one could have a complete "Carpenter's Wedding":

Play "We've Only Just Begun" at the beginning of the ceremony...

Play "You're the One" half way through..

Play "One Love" as the bride walks down the aisle...

Play "Touch Me While We're Dancing" at the reception...

Here's how one could have a complete "Carpenter's Wedding":

Play "We've Only Just Begun" at the beginning of the ceremony...

Play "You're the One" half way through..

Play "One Love" as the bride walks down the aisle...

Play "Touch Me While We're Dancing" at the reception...
I like it!
This is reminding me of a wedding I attended a few years back when the song played for the Father-Daughter dance was "Close To You".
See? You can add Carpenters in everywhere! :laugh: When the food is being served you could play "Jambalaya".

I like it!
This is reminding me of a wedding I attended a few years back when the song played for the Father-Daughter dance was "Close To You".
See? You can add Carpenters in everywhere! :laugh: When the food is being served you could play "Jambalaya".
Good ones Chris! And during the honeymoon? Maybe something from the Solo Album? "Remember When Lovin' Took All Night" or "Make Believe It's Your First Time"? :)

Listen to the lyrics to The Rose (love is like a razor, bitter snows, the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live, etc) and try to figure out why that is a popular wedding song.

Last year we were part of a small van tour in Costa Rica. Driving back to our hotel after a long day, the van was quiet and the driver was playing easy listening music on the radio. Of course, Carpenters’ Top of the World came on and one of the passengers immediately exclaimed “best vocalist ever!” The energy in the van was palpable as we all engaged in a lively discussion about the duo. Such lasting power!

So, I heard 'Sing' last weekend and 'Close To You' today. Both were played on Chicago's MeTV affiliate, 87.7FM. So great hearing these two on the airwaves.

Back
Top Bottom