• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Help with a Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someday

I'm a singer/musician working on a little tribute record. Not for 'commercial' release, but friends and fans.

Any suggestions with a title or sub-title? Really don't want to do the obvious 'A Tribute to ...'/'A Salute to ...'/'The Music of ...'

:)

I made a Carpenters compilation and called it "Crescent Noon." I just like the title -- it sounds mysterious and cool. Maybe think about going down that same road... pick a non-hit and use that for a title.

Or what about Still Shines? As in "every sha la la la..." It's a lyrical reference to one of their big hits, but not the title. And it's appropriate since their music "still shines" today. It kind of takes the lyrics of "Yesterday Once More" to another level too. Their version paid tribute to their "favorite songs" and your version would be paying tribute to their songs.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I've settled on 'Someday: Carpenters Commemorated'. The recording is not for commercial sale, but I'm happy to let anyone interested have a copy. It is mostly voice and piano; any profits will go to an eating disorders charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom