• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb and TJB at LEGOland!

Mr Bill, your Lego creation:

• Is funny as hell

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Indicates you are truly insane

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Is a waste of time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put a smile on my face

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Is incomplete -- you need Brasil '66 as well!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Leaves me speechless

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
As many of you know I am a LEGO aficianado. In the past I built a "Lego City" around the tree at Christmas. Well, it has been many Christmases since I last built one -- being deployed over the last two is one reason and the kids being so small over prior years they'd've served more as the City's "KidZilla" than to have truly appreciated the effort...

For this year's city I've decided to have a park in the town center where, on stage, a band is performing. Though the town is still under construction, the band has been formed and is practicing. I proudly present Herb Alpert and the Lego-juana Brass!!!

LegoBrass.jpg
[align=left:21e4ed96a0]
Yes, I've decided to add the honorary "Eighth" Tijuana in the form of Julius Wechter on Marimba -- complete with BMB sombrero! Note that I will have a CD player with hidden speakers in the city playing (of course) the TJB Christmas Album...[/align:21e4ed96a0]

Close-ups:

PisPag.jpg
EdmCer.jpg

John Pisano and Lou Pagani; Bob Edmondson and Nick Ceroli...

AlpKal.jpg
SenWec.jpg

Herb Alpert and Tonni Kalash; Pat Senatore and Julius Wechter...​
[align=left:21e4ed96a0]
I'll post images of the completed town when finished!

--Mr Bill[/align:21e4ed96a0]

Uh, Mr. Bill, you are a GENIUS! Where did you get the "clothes" everybody's wearin'?! It's been years since I bought LEGO's--I didn't even know you could get a Mariachi-Band set!! Everybody there looks JUST LIKE Herb, The TjB and even Julius! Y'know?! I think Herb would be proud to see it, too!! I would have everything Herb & Julius playing in the background, myself... :)

Dave

...amazed!!!, online... :nut:

Bloody brilliant!

Harry
...thinking this belongs on the TjB main page, online...

Dave said:
Where did you get the "clothes" everybody's wearin'?!

The Lego "Mini Figures" or "Mini-Figs" have been around since 1978 with the introduction of the original "Space Series." Over the years new series have come and gone and with each the printing on the torso portion has changed. In recent years they have generated different heads as well (hence the moustachioed faces for Pagani, Pisano, Ceroli and Wechter)... With as many sets as I've bought since the introduction of "mini-figs" I have numerous different torsos, heads and legs as well as accessories (hair, hats, tools and more) so I simply picked the ones I had at least 7 of (Herb is dressed different, as he often was as leader) and went from there. I am seriously considering adding Lani Hall, though to do so would dictate a change to the 74/5 era TJB, unless I fudged a bit. There are heads with glasses for Frishberg for example.

--Mr Bill

Bill-Very clever and fun! This reminds me of the Chick Corea album,FRIENDS,where they used Smurfs on the cover a couple of years before the characters became big in the US. If there ever was a real TJB box set, this should be considered as a possible cover. It surely should be considered for inclusion in a booklet for the box. Light and fun-in the true spirit of the Brass! Ole! Mac

Lego-juana Brass....Tiju-wanna know what I think? I think they're playing IN A LITTLE SPANISH TOWN...it was on a night like this...

Dan, who also remembers Chick Corea's FRIENDS...

Amazing! Brilliant!! Exciting!!! A work of art!!!!

Good job, Bill!! However, my vote was "...you need to include Brasil '66," although I wouldn't say it was "incomplete" as the poll suggests. I'd just like to see a toy version of Sergio Mendes & Lego '66!! :wink:

Jon

brasil_nut said:
...my vote was "...you need to include Brasil '66," although I wouldn't say it was "incomplete"

I thought that as well. I included that vote option only with the thought that you would select it!

--Mr Bill
toying with adding other acts -- or at least considering them for next year's city...

Mr Bill said:
I thought that as well. I included that vote option only with the thought that you would select it!

:tongue: How well you know me, Mr. Bill!! Thanks for thinking of me! However, there were other votes (for the Brasil '66 option) before I posted mine. Guess I'm not alone!

Jon

NP: "Lego Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes & Lego '66

Um, the votes for the B66 option still stand at one, so until Harry changes his vote.... Tag! You're It!!! :wink:

--Mr Bill
actually working a B66 set of figures -- looking for blond hair for Janis, though...

Don't look at me. I voted for the 'speechless' option, since I truly was speechless!

Nonetheless, I surely wouldn't mind seeing a Brasil '66 Lego creation. :)

I can, however do without a representation of Claudine and Spider!

Harry
...revealing his vote, online...

COMING SOON!
Great (And Not-So-Great) Moments
In A&M History

A LEGO "Odd"-issey
by Mr Bill

oh, this is going to be fun... :wink:

Uh-oh! I think we've gotten him started....

Harry
...wondering if this is a GOOD thing, online...

I think Mr Bill should next do a representation of The Cramps. :D

Papa ooo-mow-mow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom