• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

HERB GUESTS ON NEW RY COODER CD!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information. And if you listen the sample of the track No 6 "Mambo sinuendo", you could easily hear a familiar trumpet sound!..........

Yvon

Damn! End of January? How out of touch are we here?

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll have to look for that one.

Harry
...mystified by networking in WinXP, online...

Hey, I just heard this tune on the radio!!! Ry Cooder is kind of a cult figure here, and he gets played on one radio station quite a bit - KGSR - which does a lot of local artists. They also mentioned the documentary of Herb's that starts this weekend at the SXSW Movie Festival. I plan on seeing this movie on Wednesday afternoon (I'm off that day), and I'll give a review later that night.

BTW, the song is great. Herb fits this tune perfectly! :cool:

Capt. Bacardi

I got hold of the Ry Cooder CD yesterday. It's really an original piece of work. Most of it was recorded on Cuba and it has a nostalgic very authentic "Cuban" feel to it. Herb's contribution is right on. You can identify him after about two notes and he gives the song exactly the right touch. Very cool and also a great idea from the producer (Ry himelf) to bring him in on the track.

- greetings from the still quite cold but a bit more springy north -
Martin

I also got this CD a couple of days ago, and it's a very nice piece of work. Too bad the song Herb plays on is only 2:30 in length, but the rest of the album is enjoyable nonetheless.

Capt. Bacardi

This thread is a pefect tie-in to the next AOTW (MARC BENNO), which has Ry Cooder connections.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom