• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb In Jan. discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Snarks and other grumps...The NEWS is "...the other CDs we're going to release." And the implication that they will include bonus tracks.

What fun! Life can be complicated and intense and full of peaks and valleys...big ones...so you have to find the joy wherever you can. And these albums that are so much a part of our lives are seeing the digital light of day. And that's a joy. :)

Could we make a tv show about this and call it C.P.O. Snarky? Wait, maybe I'm thinking of the Don Rickles sitcom C.P.O. Sharkey.

Well, all "snarkyness" aside, I think it's good that we continue to get along. I have only met a couple of yous in person, and I don't know where I "stand" as far as being a "favorite cornerite" goes, but I feel as though I AM here "In Person" each time I write and I try to be on Good Terms with EVERYONE!! :angel:

Having a disagreement on something can be a good thing if we clear the air, arguments are OK, if they get resolved, but neither should ever result in fighting or people "wanting to "Leave" this Forum...!" :mad:

Dave

...hopefully shaking hands with my "A&M Corner Family", online! :thumbsup: :thumbsdn: ... :love: :!:

Hey, I love this forum and I would like to see it grow in popularity. If I seek to criticise, I'm not trying to tear it down or, for gosh sakes, leave. I'm trying to improve it.

I do think some newbies have been run off lately by the Vol 2 shut downs, and by a moderator who tends to belittle other peoples opinions in a rather sarcastic style. I really took offense in another thread to be referred to as a 'whiner and complainer' when all I had done was wish that Herb would reconsider putting out Vol 2. In this thread anyone with this opinion was called a 'pessimist.' This is just uncalled for, mainly because it's so completely wrong.

I love the music of the TJB, that's why I'm here. To be referred to so derogatorily is not only unjustified but also unseemly from a moderator.

I'm always willing to shake hands with the Captain or anyone else I disagree with, but let's dispense with mis-characterizing and marginalizing first.

Especially since if it weren't for the "whiners and complainers" that have frequented this forum and Wendell's old TJB site, Herb and Co. may never have realized that there was still such a love and demand for his music. Even the music that HE may not have thought too highly of. There are enough of us out there to make even the albums that didn't sell as well initially into Signature Series re-issues. Just remember the old adage: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". If we had to become squeaky wheels to get the music we love re-issued, then squeak on, I say. I seriously doubt that Herb would take offense to any of it as long as it is kept friendly and polite. I'm sure that Herb realizes how appreciative we are for what he's already released, and if he's concerned about the viability of releasing the less popular titles, I see nothing wrong in letting him know how much we want them even if there is some repetion in the threads, as long as it is POLITE and FRIENDLY. That is the key.

David,
Looking forward to Herb's future releases...........

…and let’s not lose our sense of humor too!

Speaking of humor (as if anyone was)… I remember the time someone posted a picture of Captain Bacardi in his music room and there was a big picture of Kenny-G, pinned to his wall.

That was funny!

Mike said:
Speaking of humor (as if anyone was)… I remember the time someone posted a picture of Captain Bacardi in his music room and there was a big picture of Kenny-G, pinned to his wall.

Mike, Mike, Mike, you don't really want to go there, do you? :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
Mike said:

Mike, Mike, Mike, you don't really want to go there, do you? :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

Nope, not me! LOL :laugh:

I got the Captain over a barrel: he still has nightmares about the composite picture I made with him in Kenny G's hair style. :D

thetijuanataxi said:
Just remember the old adage: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".
David,
Looking forward to Herb's future releases...........

Here's another way to put it... "A closed mouth never gets fed!"

Rudy said:
I got the Captain over a barrel: he still has nightmares about the composite picture I made with him in Kenny G's hair style. :D

I don't suppose we could get another look at it...

Dan

Rudy fears for his life...and has to find the picture anyway... :wink:

Rudy said:
...he still has nightmares about the composite picture I made with him in Kenny G's hair style. :D

Or the one I did replacing his Chicago Duds, er, um... I mean Chicago Cubs shirt with a New York Yankees shirt! Ol' Wendell loved that one!

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom