• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

HERBIE MANN--A Dream Concert--LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

If a particular performer who has Passed Away, long ago could come back from "The Great Beyond" and do a show who would you like it to be and what would a particular Concert be like?

Here is a Live, In-Concert Set, which I just got back from, featuring as our Star Performer, a Happy, Healthy and Very Robust 76/77-Year-Old Herbie Mann...

A brief, but very Powerful Set of Songs, Wth FLUTE, to Boot...: :love:

Pelé

(Audience shouts: ...Herbie Mann..., Herbie Mann...,... as he comes on the stage...)

Oh, How I Want To Love You (Version from Glory Of Love, actually)

Glory of Love/Love is Far Stronger than We (Medley) (Also from Glory...)

Down Under (YES, it's the MEN AT WORK song!)

Never Can Say Goodbye (Actually MUCH faster and upbeat than the Orig. Recorded version on Push, Push; if he only did it THAT WAY, THERE...!)

Cast Your Fate To The Wind

Cravó é Canéla (Cinnamon & Cloves)
(from the ONLY H.M. album I had on CASSETTE, while the rest of my collection was on VINYL, Mellow...)

Intermisson

Memphis Underground

Who Can It Be Now?
(Man, Herbie must really LOVE Men At Work...!)

Push, Push/Funky Nassau (Medley) (Latter is a Previously Unreleased Track from the Push, Push CD reissue... --If only Duane Allman could'a joined him...!)

Hi-Jack (See? You could'a worn your PLATFORM SHOES and WHITE JUMP SUIT, after-all...!!!) :badteeth:

Feels So Good (Yeah, man, the CHUCK MANGIONE song, which Herbie DOES SO GOOD...!!!) :goofygrin:

Scarborough Fair (Only song he did as "The Fluteman" in the "Soul Flutes" outfit... --Yes, that was ME!, he says...)

Then Herbie and his Band--Guitar, Bass, Drums, Percussion, an'a Couple o' Keyboards--leave the stage amid the Thunderous Applause and "Spontaneous Crowd Outbursts" (Including MORE ...Herbie Mann..., Herbie Mann...,...) and Return with...

Hold On, I'm Comin' :D

--Along with the Band Introductions! :thumbsup:

Yes, "Mr. Mann" was in the lobby after the show to meet us faithful and loyal fans, and of course, sign those STACKS O' LP's with AUTOGRAPHS!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsdn:

Stuff like CD's For Sale, there, too! :laugh:

Mann, What Fun!:cool:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom