• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb's Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rim Kasputis

Hi everyone,
I just found out about the following details in regards to Herb's latest endeavor:
The restaurant he is opening will be called Vibrato
Herb is teaming up with Smith Bros. Restaurant corp. of Pasadena.
It will seat 150 people (should fit the regulars at this corner) and will be located in the Glen Center Mall in Bel-Air.
Herb wants to "position this as a restaurant first, a music club second."
" It will be world-class music that is'nt just confined to jazz."
This will be a two story venue. Acoustical architect Vincent van Haff (designed studio B of A&M records) was involved with the design.
See you at the opening...? Rim Kasputis.

You know, Herb is so creative with names. I mean, his albums always have interesting, thought-provoking titles, his cologne ("Listen") had a sensational name as well. Now, he comes up with a dining and entertainment venue called "Vibrato!" I'm telling you...when it comes to class, elegance and a theme, there's not an aritist who can touch Herb Alpert!!

And yes...I'll see you at the opening (probably standing outside, watching celebrity after celebrity enter the opening bash! But, hey!! It would be worth it to catch a glimpse of Lani Hall!)

Speaking of which, I wonder if she (as well as Herb himself) will appear in the new Venue?! Have faith, fellow Cornerites...there's hope after all! (Gee...looks like I'll be working a lot of Los Angeles layovers when "Vibrato" opens!)

Jon

...ready to dig into a "Tijuana Taco", online...

You'll have to give us an eye-witness account, Jon, if you go (went?) to the opening!!

Marilyn,
who sometimes wishes she lived on the west coast!

I just did a web search and it appears that Vibrato opened within the last week or so. It's located at Beverly Glen and Coldwater, for our L.A. cornerites.

--Mr Bill
heading to L.A. this Sunday himself -- drop me a line, Steve -- Bob's Big Boy's a callin'!

According to the WSSM website(an LA $mooth jazz outlet)the restaurant is named after one of Herb's sculptures,speculating that the sculpture may be on the premises. While searching in Google,there is a harmonica player group in Yahoo which listed a tenative gig by Toots Thielman that would have been scheduled at a Vibrato Grill in Beverly Hills this past March,with a TBA next to it. I wonder if this is/was the same place and either a Vibrato was previously opened or was planned to open earlier in the year. Mac

Wouldn't it be great to dine there and suddenly hear the strains of Herbs trumpet playing in the background? I hope this restaurant is a big success for him. Maybe they will do a bit on the grand opening on Entertainment Tonight, I know they did when Jennifer Lopez opened her eatery. Watch for Jon and I waiting in line to get past the velvet rope.

Indeed, Shirley and I will be first in line!! :wink:

Had I not been injured at work, I would have tried to make it down there for the opening. Although, as I said before, I'm sure it would have been on the "wrong" side of the velvet rope, it would have been exciting all the same.

When I do go back to work, I plan to eat there on my next Los Angeles layover. I'll send out a report when I do.

Jon

...getting good vibrations, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom