Herb's Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a look at the website, and while I was looking, a thought crossed my mind. Maybe more of a question than a thought -

Do you suppose that Herb may have no intention of issuing any more recordings? Do you think he may have "retired" from any musical endeavors, preferring to leave that aspect of his life closed, so to speak? Do you think that he may simply have no interest in any further recording/musical activity? I wonder if he has become more preoccupied with his ventures in the area of art, painting, sculpture, etc?

Perhaps Herb may only be playing the trumpet for his own amusement these days, if at all?? Maybe it is futile to be anticipating any further musical releases from him? :?:

Captaindave said:
Do you suppose that Herb may have no intention of issuing any more recordings? Do you think he may have "retired" from any musical endeavors, preferring to leave that aspect of his life closed, so to speak? Do you think that he may simply have no interest in any further recording/musical activity?

I doubt that's the case. He's been somewhat active playing on other people's recordings and I doubt that he's ready to just give up playing the horn at this time. It could be that he's not real excited about doing a record for himself right now. Maybe he's waiting for some kind of inspiration to get him in the mood to record again. Maybe he's in the same kind of musical limbo that he was in back in the post-TJB and post-A&M days. I just can't believe that he's ready to turn his trumpet into some kind of lamp just yet. :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

He also doesn't have a record label anymore, which could have something to do with it. With Almo Sounds and even A&M just being an ink imprint on CD artwork, where does he go?

Rudy said:
He also doesn't have a record label anymore, which could have something to do with it. With Almo Sounds and even A&M just being an ink imprint on CD artwork, where does he go?

I'd be willing to bet that he would get all kinds of offers to be on any label. But he's so used to being in charge of his career that he may be hesitant to go that route. Maybe the Yellowjackets can drop a hint to their new label. :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

I sure hope that Herb isn't hanging up his trumpet for good. After all, with the endless supply of JUNK that's being released as music these days, there has never been a time when a new album from Herb Alpert was more necessary. Herb, if you're reading, I hope you find your "Second Wind" again.

David,
anxiously waiting..........

Does Herb need a label? Can't he "self publish" and sell by mail oredr? Haven't otrher artists done that already?

Given the publicity that Colors got on this side of the Atlantic (ie nil), a record label - even his own - doesn't necessarily make the effort. In fact the only publicity campaigns I can remember were for Rise, Beyond, The Very Best, Second Wind and Passion Dance - and the last two were promoting his tours.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom