• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

If you're a fan of Burt Bacharach or Dionne Warwick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chpoof

...then I highly recommend checking out the latest CD by Swing Out Sister entitled Somewhere Deep in the Night. I played it for a friend of mine who only associated them with their big hit from the 80's, "Break Out," and he was totally shocked. He said that parts of that album also reminded him of the Fifth Dimension, of whom he is a huge fan.

Check 'em out. :)

Blessings,
Mickey

Do you know Dionne's double CD for her 40th anniversary by inviting 40 of her friends?

from The Cincinnati Post
http://www.cincypost.com/2003/08/01/wick080103.html

Warwick is in the middle of recording a commemorative double CD for her 40th anniversary by inviting 40 of her friends to pick a Dionne Warwick song and record it with her. A Who's Who of the pop music world has signed up for the "My Friends and Me" project, including George Benson, Elton John, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Gloria Estefan, Jose Feliciano, Kenny Rogers and Barry Manilow.

Also on the project are the latest generation of singers, including Pink, Mya and each member of Destiny's Child recording individually with Warwick.

Warwick hopes the CD will be released by Christmas. And, yes, she really has been in a studio with these artists, unlike the celebrated Frank Sinatra duets packages of several years ago when none of the artists saw Ol' Blue Eyes' blue eyes. They laid parts down separately, that were later mixed in with Sinatra.

Publication Date: 08-01-2003

The old joke about Sinatra's Duets albums was that the executive producer was Federal Express! I didn't mind the first one as a novelty at first, but after a few listens, it got very annoying to hear his signature tunes slaughtered by others...and I never bought the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom