• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

INTERPRETATIONS DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I was in a Borders last evening, and wandered, as I usaully do to the "Carpenters" section. They had most of the catalog there (though no GOLD CD's, which seems to have disppeared), and even the SACD of SINGLES 1969-1981. I then spotted something I hadn't seen before: a DVD of INTERPRETATIONS packaged into a standard jewel-case. The one I got back in 2003 was packed in a standard DVD-sized amaray case, but this one looked just like CD. The track listing was identical to what I have, the only difference being the packaging. The sticky label on top said CARPENTERS/INTERPRETATIONS/(Jwl case), and I think there was a sticker on it that said that this disc was only playable on standard DVD players.

Harry

How interesting, Harry. I also have one in the jewel case packaging like you're talking about, however it is a region-2. I eventually broke down and bought the typical box-style packaging that I can actually play!

And speaking of interesting finidings, I was up in Santa Barbara last night and decided to browse the local "Wherehouse". I came across a sealed copy of the Carpenters' "Reader's Digest" 3-CD set for like 16 bucks! A strange place to find one, and as I already own a copy, I figured that since this one is out of print and sells for a bit more on eBay for a sealed copy, I thought I'd buy it.

The only real value to the set for me is the '73 "Oldies" medley remixes, less
the "DJ". -Chris

(...who thinks he ought to get out to the music stores a little more often, online...)
:tongue:

I also found the "Reader's Digest" set (at an FYE) a few months ago for 15 or 16 bucks. I was especially excited because I didn't have it and had been dying to hear the live Bacharach medley since I first heard about it on this board. What an incredible performance. The tan album version had always been one of my favorite album cuts, but it has now been replaced by the longer, live version.

The DJ-less "Oldies Medley" was a nice bonus as well!

Scott

Actorman said:
I was especially excited because I didn't have it and had been dying to hear the live Bacharach medley since I first heard about it on this board. What an incredible performance. The tan album version had always been one of my favorite album cuts, but it has now been replaced by the longer, live version.

This "live" medley has intrigued me over the years for a number of different reasons. As you may know, the song was recorded live on multi-track tape. However, several of the individual tracks were erased by mistake. So, Richard had to go back in the studio, overdub *all* of the backing vocals himself, re-cut the horns and electric bass lines both via the Kurzweil keyboard as well as re-cut the "kick" drum. He must have felt strong about the overal performace to go through all of that to get the track in shape for remix and release. Very cool. -Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom