• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Is my Offering 8 Track authentic?

Kristopher

Since i got my third cooy of Offering on vinyl for 50 cents a week ago, i went and paid a disgusting amount of money on the 8 track. The only this is that its on a white cartridge and not grey. The artwork doesnt correspond to show inside the A&M sleeve. The cardboard sleeve says from Canada. I recently just posted about a record as well but I just got this 8 track yesterday from online.

Thanks for anyone who can help! Audio is PRISTINE sounds almost like a record and unplayed. (I replaced the foil already.) some strange reason I don’t know it’s my imagination or not but it sounds more clear than my 3 ticket to ride 8 tracks.
313kvmt.jpg
a5fi87.jpg

2qlxq9d.jpg
29lg3ra.jpg

It looks like the cart is authentic, but it may be in the wrong type of cardboard sleeve. As I remember, the tapes that came in that style of sleeve were made of an olive green color plastic.

Take this with a grain of salt however. I’m not sure what the white plastic tapes’ sleeves looked like. By the time I got into the industry in in 1969, A&M was releasing carts in black plastic with no sleeve at all… Just a gold-colored plastic clip over the end of the cartridge. The olive-color tapes came after the black ones.

EDIT: I just took a closer look at the pictures and noticed that your tape is from A&M Canada, so all bets are off… I’m not sure what the Canadian A&M was doing, cartridge wise. I will still stand by my original statement that the cartridge does look authentic A&M to me.

Thanks Mike! I was hoping it was real. I know there was a pandemic of fake 8 tracks way then. I sadly missed out on alot.

very hard to find :)
in fact, I`ve only ever seen one, which was on Ebay and I think it went for around £80, which would be just over $100 I guess. I`d hang onto that!

Back
Top Bottom