• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

It's a strange picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

If you have the Essential Collection then you will know what I'm talking about. If you look at the pictures of Karen and Richard from 1972 they look different. It could just be me. :rolleyes: I don't know. If anyone has ever noticed this please respond.

The answer is simple:Karen was more voluptuous and full-figured in her early 20's,with a well-rounded face and thick hair.After her descent into anorexia in 1975,her figure(obviously) changed,the bone structure of her face thinned,and her hair thinned out.That's the reason why pictures of Karen from the early 70's look so different from pictures taken after 1975.(Even on the HORIZON album cover,Karen looked good-but you could see a difference-she wasn't as voluptuous and radiant-looking as she was in 1973.)Most of the compilations use the post-1975 photos of Karen,so most people are probably used to seeing Karen with the "thin" look.There's an old piano book,"Anthology",that came out probably around 1973(the local library used to have it),That had some gorgeous pictures of Karen from the A SONG FOR YOU/NOW AND THEN era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom