• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Japan Mini LP cds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there is any difference in the sound quality of these Japan mini lp cds compared with the usual cd releases.

I've heard from some sources that Japanese pressings are superior to other worldwide releases. Is this true?

I'm wondering if I'm missing out on anything here :)

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Laura

Laura, I purchased 2 of them, Lovelines & Voice of the Heart. I couldn't afford the whole black box. I sorta stopped collecting them only cause they were kinda expensive, Now I'm thinking whether I "need" the new black box set w/ the included Xmas's Cd. :wink: May need to get a 2nd Job :shock:

As far as the sound, some will say there is no difference while others will swear there is. I can only tell you about the 2 I have. I did notice that there was an improvement in sound quality over my original US releases. So much so that when ever I pull the Cd off my rack to play it I always play the Japan Mini LP Style CD. It's just seems more full & rich sounding to me. I don't have the US remastered classics of these 2 titles I mentioned so I can't compare them to those. I only have the original US released Cd to compare them to & I think the Japan ones are superior.

Thanks for that info Chris.

I think you have made up my mind about getting these cds... :wink:

Or maybe I should buy the new Japanese box set?! :rolleyes:

Laura

I also wanted to add that I was impressed too with the look of the Japan Cd, the label is different that my original U.S. Cd's. To reiterate I have the original US released of these 2 Cd's & on them the VOTH is all shiny silver color with black letters with the Capenters logo in black at the top, On the Lovelines it's the same shiny silver but the logo & writing is more of a muted gray or very light black color.

However the Japan Mini CD Labels are much better, (again I just have the 2) On Lovelines, it's the black label with the record wheel in the mddle with the A & M logo all the way to the right, there is no Carpenters logo in fact the Japan Cd label looks pretty much like the original LP label, the VOTH Japan Cd has the big A & M logo in sorta tan color with a pale white background with the Carpenters logo at the top. So I guess the idea was to make the Japan Mini Cd's look exactly like the original Lp's. The slip covers are a hoot, work just like the Lp's

Can someone please provide Yuka Ogura's Website that I may order the new boxset out of Japan?

Much appreciated,

Jeff

How long will the box set be avaliable :?:

Andrew
...trying to cough up enough money
to buy the Carpenters box set...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom