Jobim's Red Blouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_Nut

Staff member
"The Red Blouse" -- a favorite Jobim tune of mine. I wonder, however, if anyone knows of other artists who have recorded this song? It's a relaxing, easy-going tune, which also makes me wonder if it has a lyric? Maybe JMK or Paula might know?

Jon

...curious...

A Google search brings up a Ray Gilbert as lyricist. Evidently Ray also worked on the English versions of a few other Jobim compositions like "Bonita". He may be the same Ray Gilbert who wrote the lyrics to "Zip A Dee Do Dah",the Academy Award winning song from Disney's "Song of the South". Sorry,I have not heard a vocal version of "Red Blouse" either, and I can't find one on my searching-yet. Mac.

BMI unfortunately did not list any "artists" (meaning "performers") for "Red Blouse" either. It does go under an alternate title, too: "Blusa Vermelha".

As far as I know, "Red Blouse" was recorded only on Jobim's Wave. It's one of my favorite tracks, with the woodwinds punctuating the end of the song in one of the best fadeouts I've ever heard. Signature Claus Ogerman!

Thanks for the info, guys. I had to laugh, as it's been so long since my original inquiry, I had forgotten I'd asked the question!!

Dave -- I totally agree with you about the ending of "Red Blouse". I've loved this song since my Father bought the reel-to-reel on its release.

The album "Wave" really clicked with me. However, "Tide" seemed formulaic by comparison -- still classic Jobim, just in a different vein.

Jon

I just did a Google search on "Red Blouse" and discovered a cover version by a Japanese artist named Lisa Ono on her album, Essencia. i don't know her music, but I have heard of her - she records a lot of Brazilian music and uses a lot of musicians like Dori Caymmi and Toninho Horta on her CDs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom