• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

John Braden JOHN BRADEN (A&M SP 4172)--What Happened To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Here's a good "What Happened To?". Catching up on some of my listening and am now playing A&M SP 4172. John Braden's JOHN BRADEN is on my turntable now.

Looked him up on The Web and came up with this site:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-4763/

Hope it "connects" to some info on Braden, who also worked as an actor in many TV and Movie roles, even appearing on an episode of GOLDEN GIRLS.

As for his album, a trip to GEMM (and eBay might be) is definitely a place to find some vinyl and a single or two. Besides the A&M release, there are some Childrens' Albums, such as Marmaduke, and I think, Captain Marvel?

Still have my W/L Promo I ordered Online a few years ago.

I even looked for it as one of our former "AOTW's", but it got left in the OLD A&M Discussion Board (Format).

Big names on it as musicians, like Ry Cooder (who must have been fairly young, then), Sneaky Pete Kleinow, percsussionist Felix "Flaco" Falcon, bassist Chris Ethridge and even Jazz Flautist Paul Horn, reedman Gene Cippirano and the Paul Shure String Quartet. Russ Titleman, a chairman of Warner Bros. Records even plays guitar on one track; maybe this was an attempt to have him on Warner/Reprise. And it got recorded at A&M Records, Western Recorders and Wally Heider in Hollywood. A&M Studios' Henry Lewy engineered throughout.

His fairly high voice may be good to hear on Sat. Morning Cartoons or maybe on commercials; two places where I haven't seen him listed.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom