• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Juan Oskar's Christmas Album Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not far away from our Holiday site switchover...probably the day after Thanksgiving. :D Need to dust off my own list of Xmas favroites.

I don't have the Al Hirt disc yet. Was it one of his RCA recordings?

Rudy said:
We're not far away from our Holiday site switchover...probably the day after Thanksgiving. :D Need to dust off my own list of Xmas favroites.

I don't have the Al Hirt disc yet. Was it one of his RCA recordings?

Yes. It began life as The Sound of Christmas in 1965 and was reissued in 1971 on RCA Camden under the name Have a Merry Little, which is the name that seems to have stuck with those recordings.

Uh, about that Kenny G thing - I guess we need to put you into rehab or something! Maybe we should all get out to Juan's place and do an intervention! He's obviously gone mad, quite mad. :D

Capt. Bacardi
...still keeping the world Kenny G free online...

Captain Bacardi said:
Uh, about that Kenny G thing - I guess we need to put you into rehab or something!

I don't think so. It is obvious that someone has hacked into our good buddy Jay/Juan's site and added that so he would get a mountain of abuse here in the A&M Corner. No self-respecting musician of Jay's/Juan's caliber would admit to owning a Kenny G recording!

--Mr Bill
tongue firmly in cheek...

In fact, thanks to modern science we have been able to "un-retouch" a picture from the Rogue's Gallery and were quite shocked at what we found:

bill_toast_unretouched.jpg

Shameful it is... Just shameful!

--Mr Bill

Rudy said:
We're not far away from our Holiday site switchover...probably the day after Thanksgiving.

Gee - you're late! We've got not one but TWO full time, full power FMs in Philly that went all-Christmas 24/7 this past week!

Harry
...ho, ho, ho, online...

Were both of them Cheap Channel?

Naaaah, I don't like to push the Xmas thing until after Thanksgiving. I get tired of seeing it so long every year. Even before Halloween around these parts.

Mr Bill said:
In fact, thanks to modern science we have been able to "un-retouch" a picture from the Rogue's Gallery and were quite shocked at what we found:

bill_toast_unretouched.jpg

Shameful it is... Just shameful!

--Mr Bill

But, at least now he finally has some "sax appeal"...

Dan

Rudy said:
Were both of them Cheap Channel?

No, one was Cheap Channel - the one that did all-Christmas last year, and the other was a locally owned top-rated mainstream A/C station.

The local station beat Cheap Channel to the punch, after Cheap Channel stunted by playing all-Christmas music last weekend.

Now I have two places to hear a Carpenters Christmas record - pretty much every hour!

Harry
...ho, ho, ho, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom