Karen and "Goodbye" VS Richard and "Como Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullalume

We all know Karen had an astonishing lung capacity. Often people use the example of "time and time again. . ." from Goodbye to love. Personally when she sings "said" at the close of "End of the World" from an early 1976, it leaves me gasping, literally.

However, in Richard's solo section from the Como Special, he too is very impressive, more so, in my opinion, than Karen on "Goodbye", when he sings the line "love blooms at night . . .".

Try it gang, and get back,

Neil

Have to agree with you about Karen's performance of End of the World, truly amazing!! I think another reason for Karen to be able to sing for so long without a breath was the fact that she sang very softly so therefore didn't use much air, I remember hearing Mike Curb giving an interview saying that when he and Karen traveled in the car together she would sing along to the radio and he could hardly hear her, I think this is why her voice was so amazingly pure. I'm a Bass Trombonist and I know that when you play quietly you can go on forever almost but when it gets louder you have to take more breaths. I know that the same applies to singing.....

Bryce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom