Karen Carpenter and Princess Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

Hi,
I had heard a story that Princess Diana had wanted Karen to sing at her Royal Wedding. Is this true? I have read a lot of stuff about Diana but never heard any mention of Karen and or the Carpenters. I think if it is true, Karen should have sung for Diana's wedding. Imagine their record sales after the Royel Wedding of the Century!!

Cameron
[email protected]

Not Sure About Accuracy of this Story :confused:

Certainly Carpenters Were Considered for Royal Variety Performance in London Several Times After 1975 Cancellation , I was Surprised No Invitation was Issued for 1976 , Just as UK / European Tours were Commencing.......

Possibly Karen and Richard were Artists Considered for 1981 RVP as Princess Diana's First Royal Music Show, In the Event Only UK Artists Performed :sad:

Peter.....Looking Back ......

Wishful Thinking -Doubt Whether Karen or Carpenters were on Any Short -List as Royal Family Protocol would Have Decided on Main Stream Music / Artists .....Mainly Classical & Jazz....for 1981 Wedding Service :sad: B

Much Later ....at Diana's Funeral ....Elton John did Perform as Requested by Diana's Family and Friends.... :o

Had Karen and Carpenters Still Been Performing in 2002..Royal Golden Jubilee Concerts would Have Been Ideal Venue / Event for Carpenters Timeless Music ....and Performing Alongside McCartney, Brian Wilson , Clapton and The Corrs (Harry Restrain Yourself.....!) :) :)

Peter...

Huh? What? Somebody say Corrs?

Reminder: The Corrs will be included on a Japanese-only Sheryl Crow release, LIVE AT THE BUDOKAN, out next month in Japan. It's a live album with one bonus track, a studio version of "C'mon, C'mon" featuring The Corrs. Could be their first release on an A&M label!

Harry
...who knows that The Corrs were influenced by Carpenters, online...

Harry - just a side note on the Corrs - I had Easter dinner today at a new Bennigans that opened recently in our area - I'd never been in one before - Because of the Irish connection - I noticed immediately several Corrs pictures on the walls - Great framed pictures - I was tempted to take one! Several other Irish groups were hanging on the walls too I believe. Tim

Timothy22 said:
Harry - just a side note on the Corrs - I had Easter dinner today at a new Bennigans that opened recently in our area - I'd never been in one before - Because of the Irish connection - I noticed immediately several Corrs pictures on the walls - Great framed pictures - I was tempted to take one! Several other Irish groups were hanging on the walls too I believe. Tim

Hi Timothy,

Really?! I'll have to look closer the next time I head into a Bennigan's. We have one real close to us that we eat in once in a while. I've heard The Corrs play over the music system there a couple of times, but hadn't noticed any pictures. One thing I've noticed about chain restaurants is that even though theiy look like they're decorated randomly, they all have almost exactly the same stuff hanging on the walls. Case in point: Applebee's. There's a photo hanging in all of the Applebee's around here. It's a black and white photo of a drive-in movie near dusk. In the foreground is a couple in a top-down convertible, then a sea of cars in the drive-in's lot. On the movie screen itself is an airplane flying, and behind it all is a steam train speeding it's way through the scene. The remarkable thing about this photo is it's amazing focus on everything. The train, speeding in the background is frozen absolutely still and in complete focus. The image on the screen of the airplane is also in focus, as are the cars in the lot. You can actually read license plates and the stickers on them. And in that foreground shot of the couple in the convertible, you can see the lines of the hairs on their head as well as read the guages on the dashboard -- all in amazing focus -- and it's near dark as nighttime approaches. If any of you are familiar with cameras and photography, you'll realize the near impossibility of this photo -- and I wonder if some fakery was involved. I find it intriguing, and enjoy sitting near it whenever we go to an Applebee's.

Harry
...who'd love to own a copy of that photo, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom