Karen Carpenter--Some Forget Feb 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

How can we forget that sad day 21 years ago. Most all of us will not on this message board. But it seems like most of the people have not missed her even with that unreplaceable voice. The voice that just made us feel so good and at the same time, she had a ton of problems.
Karen came through when I was in the Veit Nam. She was like a sister I never had, to help me get over my bad days there. :rolleyes:

I know She is loved by millions of people over the World.
Japan and England seem to miss her more than the US. Thanks BBC. It could be that wrong image thing. :|

I think we lost the greatest female voice in the last 50 years, in pop music

Thank You Karen---I never will forget you! What do you think? :sad:

I think your being overly sentimental.There's two sides to this issue here.On one hand,Karen is loved and remembered by the millions of people who've been continuously buying her albums all these years.(and Karen happens to be the only vintage A&M artist whose entire catalog has remained in print for 34 years!)But,on the other hand,Karen has been dead for over 20 years now,and most people have accepted the fact that she's gone and moved on with their lives.They don't make a special point of remembering her death every year on February 4.Also,there's much more going on in the world today that keeps people's minds occupied,than there was 20 years ago.

Don't forget that there is an entire generation of people who have absolutely no idea who Karen Carpenter was - likely most people under the age of 30. They either weren't born yet at the time she died, or else they were too young to remember (or even to be interested in music yet).

Back when Karen died, most people probably thought "what a tragedy that she died so young", and then promptly forgot about it, or maybe gave Karen a brief thought if they happened to hear a Carpenters song on the radio. Unless a person is a diehard Karen fan (like we are), why would anyone expect them to remember when she died? I couldn't tell you the date when ANY other singer died, not even Elvis, because I'm just not that interested.

Lots of people from the Carpenters generation have also died in the past 21 years, so there are fewer left to remember! :sad:

When you come to think of it, I'm pretty amazed that after 21 years, there are still so many of us who DO remember Karen :!:

Murray
...who will NEVER forget, unless he gets Alzheimers... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom