• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Karen & Richard Studio Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Does anyone have any info regarding this pic, not sure that I have seen this one before. Would this be the A & M studio that they recorded in? It's so rare that we actually see what it was like inside the studio. Wonder if that clock was 7:25 a.m. or p.m. :wink: I hope it's ok to provide the link where credit it due. I love seeing such a professional looking picture & if this was there studio, it has such a warm feeling to the photo. Karen looks amazing. Year? anyone? Time frame, Album? Would this be Made in America era? They both look awesome.

http://leadsister.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=119&sessionid=cefb8d3aa04307e518b04fec65a70ad6

That is such a gorgeous photo. It's photos like that which should be used inside the CD liner notes instead of the ones we've seen over and over again.

There is an alternative shot of that recording studio photograph with Karen facing more toward the camera and it's stunning. It was used in one of the Bristish documentaries. If you think she's beautiful in the photo in above post, you should see the other shot. Karen's so beautiful it just makes you melt. How I wish those photos would be released to the public in some form. It seems a shame that some of Karen's most lovely photographs hardly get any exposure.

Well said Chris. I'd love to have this photo in a CD insert. I'd also love to see the alternative shot of Karen you spoke of from this pose in the studio. To see the duo in the place that made "our" music is very special. I always in-vision Karen singing into this type of (over the head) mic as she & Richard created these tracks.

...wondering if I take things too literal, online...

Hello

Just to confirm that 'other' photo taken from the same day was shown for about 4 seconds on the BBC documentary 'Yesterday Once More' shown a few years back. The comment that she looks even lovlier in this other shot are 100% correct - I'd love to have that picture to get it blown up and framed, it's such a nice shot of them in their natural surroundings.

For the record I think its late 1974. Richard had this jumper on for a press interview around the same time, and Karen looks well, slim but I think probably around the time she was getting all her compliments for losing the weight she'd put on in 73 at the time they did the Hope show.

Stephen

Would the A & M recording studio really have carpet on the floor? It almost looks shag in the red area. Just wondering if this could be an actual recording studio or just a publicity shots studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom