• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Karen's bedspread on ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know this isn't bogus?? My apologies to all Carpenters' fans, but selling these items, IMHO, really goes over the edge. Their music is their legacy.

I know this person (Blair) personally as she not only is friends of the family, but also obtained several items from the Newville Avenue estate after Agnes died. -Chris

Yikes!

I wouldn't mind K's Mercedes, but her bedspread would creep me out. I'm holding out for her Grammy...

Jeff

Yeesh. Chris, are you sure the person running the auction is really the person (Blair) that you know? The crappily worded and mistake-filled description doesn't exactly look legit. Also notice in the description it says "it was changed to white." So, apparently you would NOT get the bedspread shown in the picture, but a different (white) one. I would run, not walk, from this auction. It looks verrrrrrry fishy. "No returns, no refunds" speaks volumes.

Now of course, I was highly suspicious of the official K&R website when it first started, so I could be all wet here too. Caveat emptor.

Mike Blakesley said:
Yeesh. Chris, are you sure the person running the auction is really the person (Blair) that you know? The crappily worded and mistake-filled description doesn't exactly look legit.

<See Private Message> :D

Chris May said:
Mike Blakesley said:
Yeesh. Chris, are you sure the person running the auction is really the person (Blair) that you know? The crappily worded and mistake-filled description doesn't exactly look legit.

<See Private Message> :D

This person has a legit (personal) reason for selling up, though if it was me I'd try my damndest to find another way to cobble the money together rather than part with that! :tongue:

Stephen

I have seen this ebay seller before selling soo much Carpenters stuff for years, The way I remember this person is that email: CandyheartKC and of course the total mispelling of words.

If I remember correctly this person also talked about selling stuff to get a operation. (who knows what that is all about something comes to my mind about a person trying to change there identity) Still I remember this seller selling stuff like a stuff animal, heart jewelry & really strange stuff.

Of course I could be wrong about the operation part but I swear I remember reading something like that, maybe even at the old Carpenters forum, Roadode.com

I'm with Mike, this is too weird for me.

You aren't wrong Chris, we did discuss this at Roadode. I'd have thought that after years of selling Karen's personal effects, that this person would have raised the money to have the "operation" by now. It must be a very expensive procedure.

Murray
...who never heard of such a thing as a mink bedspread...

I'm sorry, but that pillow is definitely bogus, IMO. How on earth does a photo, laying on top of the pillow, lend any credence to the pillow being hers? This is getting out of hand...

...Detective Dave, online, not to hurt feelings but to help open eyes...

This reminds me of a popular tease: "Did you know that the word gullible is not in the dictionary?"

Think about it. :wink:

Capt. Bacardi
...with swamp land to sell, online...

Captain Bacardi said:
This reminds me of a popular tease: "Did you know that the word gullible is not in the dictionary?"

Capt. Bacardi
Seriously, it isn't? I'm already flipping through Webster's... by the way, how much are you asking for that land? How about $3 and we'll say it belongs to Marcus Whelby!

I'm STILL after those Grammy's! Somehow just holding Karen's awards would be enough to catapult me into thievery. You can have the bedspread, the Mickey Mouse and costumes. Juz dunt mess with my Grammy's. LOL...well sort of.

Jeff

djn said:
I'm STILL after those Grammy's! Somehow just holding Karen's awards would be enough to catapult me into thievery. You can have the bedspread, the Mickey Mouse and costumes. Juz dunt mess with my Grammy's. LOL...well sort of.

Jeff

If you're feeling daring, they're on display at the Carpenters Performing Arts Center at Cal State Long Beach. Good luck!

raz42289 said:
I want the GOLD records to hang on my wall. I would sell my car for one of those. hehe :D

I HAVE the gold records....How much is the Benz worth???? :) J/K

Captain Bacardi said:
Capt. Bacardi

OH YES IT IS! I LOOKED! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom