• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lani Halls A Brazileira album

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobArroyo

Hello A&M

I'm new to the forum. So far its a great site, especially for someone like me - I'm a Sergio Mendes Fan, actually a fan of brazilian jazz music. My tastes range from Jobim to Gilberto to Rosa Passos to Manfredo Fest etc.

One of the best brazilian jazz albums I have owned (on LP) is the A Brazileira album of Lani Hall. Why has this album not been remastered on CD. Its a classic album from a lady who is packaged essentially as a pop singer - but on this album is a bonafide jazz diva!

I hope that you can reissue this album on CD. Its one great listen, and a definite inclusion in my jazz diva collection, and most probably for others as well.

If you can come out on it on the CD sleeve reissue, like Sergio's Equinox and Astruds Shadow of your Smile, it would be a gem of a CD.

Thanks and more great music!

I too would love to see A Brazileira released on CD. It's one classy album, and too good to be just an old LP released in Brazil only. For now, like with so many other great A&M albums, the best we can do is to transfer them ourselves to CD-R.

Harry
...A Brazileira fan, online...

Bobby - Welcome to the forums, but you seem to have the idea that we ARE A&M Records. We are not -- we're just a collection of fans (in some cases, hyper-fans!) So we have no control over whether anything gets released or not.

However, quite a few people who are tied very closely to A&M have been known to visit and/or occasionally post on the forums, so who knows. If enough people ask for something, it might just happen. After all, the SUN DOWN LADY album got a brief CD release so A BRAZILEIRA is certainly a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom