• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Laudir & The Brasilian Secrets featurng Mariana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortnee

After Laudir DeOliveira had left the rock band Chicago in the early 80s, he had formed his own band called The Brasilian Secrets. Has anyone ever heard of the band? He had married Mariana Couto, the singer of the band, she's known as Mariana Martin. Mariana and Laudir had divorced, and she currently resides in Miami, Florida fronting her own band called SambaLonge.

The following link talks about Mariana Martin and briefly about Laudir's Brasilian Secrets.
http://www.eliteentertainment.us/profiles/140/

Here's the link to Mariana's website.
http://www.m4productions.net/sambalounge

seashorepiano said:
Who's Laudir DeOliveira?

He was the percussionist with Chicago starting with Chicago VIII. I don't remember exactly when he left the band, but have seen him on various album credits since then.

Capt. Bacardi

seashorepiano said:
...Who's Laudir DeOliveira...?

Laudir de Oliveira, a Native-Brazilian Percussionist, has an impressive list of Musical Credits...

Capt. Bacardi said:
...He was the percussionist with Chicago starting with Chicago VIII...

...Notably playing alongside Sergio Mendes on a number of his releases, as well as countless other Brasilian Bands--and let's not forget him being an almost-regular member of the American Supergroup, Chicago...

...And most importantly of all was being in that "Makeshift L.A. Studio Band", backing up Joe Cocker on his Mega-Hit, Feelin' Alright--accompanied by guitarist David Cohen, bassist Carol Kaye, drummer Paul Humphrey, background vocalists Merry Clayton and Brenda & Patrice Holloway, and that's Artie Butler of Have You Met Miss Jones? fame, on piano; in-between his longtime duties as a musical arranger for many other artists...

Capt. Bacardi said:
...I don't remember exactly when he left the band, but have seen him on various album credits since then...

That would be playing "Latin Percussion" on Paul Anka's Music Man album... (Among other Album "Session Work"...)

Dave :neutral:inkshield:

If you're a TRUE fan of Sergio Mendes, then you should know who Laudir is.Yes, Laudir was in Chicago for many years from 1974-1981.Before Chicago, Laudir was one of the percussionists in Brasil 66 7 Brasil77.Yes, Laudir is also a prolific session musician as well.

I respectfully disagree. One is a true fan of Sergio Mendes if he or she loves the man's music for what it is, not necessarily if he/she remembers every person Sergio has worked with.

I just wonder how my "Laudir Thread" had been Ignored all this time, and suddenly he got brought up again, in a mere few moth's (maybe a year)... :mad:

Anyway, the Laudir site I found was in Portugese and I would've appreciated something more useful (in fact, I clicked on it and it isn't even VALID!) :cussing: and somehow a few other Brasilian artists got brought up HERE, too... So, I'm glad 'Mr. DeOliveira' is a "Hot Topic" once again!

Well, the true Sergio fan I agree, would probably just as much admire whom worked with Sergio and would buy whatever material there is available, but that seems to be a different Music Avenue that such would lead to in my case... (And 'Artists who recorded at Wally Heider Recording Studios with Production and Sound by Bones Howe', as Sergio did in his Bell years, are my, just to name ONE example of an 'outside' collecting perspective there, in addition to anything A&M-related and buying into a couple of his Elektra LP's, as far as my Sergio mainstream goes...)

Collecting Perspectives are just "in the eyes, or EARS, or HANDS of the beholder", in any case...

Now to go to that "link" again, and see what I can read-up on him there... Is 'Laudir' under "Musicians"...?

Dave :confused:

...One more time...; ...There's nothing we can do to change... --Mariana Martin

Dave said:
I just wonder how my "Laudir Thread" had been Ignored all this time, and suddenly he got brought up again, in a mere few moth's (maybe a year)... :mad:

Dave :confused:

...One more time...; ...There's nothing we can do to change... --

Mariana Martin

Dave, the reason that Laudir got brought back up again is because of Mariana's new website . And this thread isn't JUST about Laudir, it's about Mariana Martin and I did change the title. Are you happy now? :rolleyes: And by the way, your thread that you had started which was in May 2005 doesn't mention anything about The Brasilian Secrets or Mariana Martin, it's just about Laudir.

seashorepiano said:
I respectfully disagree. One is a true fan of Sergio Mendes if he or she loves the man's music for what it is, not necessarily if he/she remembers every person Sergio has worked with.

Hi Seashore piano. I don't expect the true SM fans to know "EVERY MUSICIAN" that Sergio's ever worked with of course, but I do expect the true fans to know at LEAST Sergio's PRIMARY BAND MEMBERS and LAUDIR was INDEED a PRIMARY BAND MEMBER of BRasil66 and Brasil 77.I don't even know every musician that Sergio's worked with, but then again, I'm not A Sergio fan. I'm a SERGIO FANATIC!

Okay Dave, I do understand. And I see that you have checked out Mariana's website and I am appreciative of that , at least I'm not posting these links for no reason and I am happy that at least you are taking the oppurtunitity to look use the links that I have provided. Thumbs up to you Dave.

Cortnee said:
...I see that you have checked out Mariana's Website and I am appreciative of that... At least I'm not posting these Links for no reason...

Yes, it is a good Site... Yes, they're good Links...; I look at 'em... :agree: (Nodding SINCERELY)

Cortnee said:
...I am happy that at least you are taking the oppurtunitity to look use the links that I have provided...

Well, I'm happy, too! I know I get fussy over things; back when we had an "Open Forum" we could change the "Subject Line" anytime the Topics changed and they sometimes do... (Hence we usually added "Was: ___" when such occurred) (Trembling at "what I just started, again...") :oops: :rolleyes:

Cortnee said:
...Thumbs up to you Dave...!

Well, thank you! (Handshake) :thumbsup: :thumbsdn:

Cortnee said:
...I am not happy with the rest of the Forum because no one else has bothered to use these links...

Well, "You can lead a horse to water, but..." (Sitting speechlessly) :confused: (And silently shrugging) :shrug:

Cortnee said:
...I'm not posting these links for my health you know...! ...I'm getting ANNOYED...!

I guess no body care's about the trouble you go through here... (Slapping both of the palms of my hands on the table and getting myself up) :|

Dave

...The Links!!! --They're right HERE!!! (Pointing, as I walk out...) :wave:

Cortnee, I always check out the links you post, even if I only do it once, I still check 'em out! So keep 'em coming!

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
Cortnee, I always check out the links you post, even if I only do it once, I still check 'em out! So keep 'em coming!

--Mr Bill

Mr. Bill, that's all I expect is for everyone to check out the links at least once and I thank you for checking them out. :thumbsup:

I'll TRY to keep the links coming and I'll try to post them.But it is true, that for some of the links that I have posted in the past, nobody bothers to check them out.Or maybe I shouls say that nobody bothers to comment on them, for example Chico Batera, Chalo Eduardo, Geri Stevens......................it's frustrating.Are we all Sergio Mendes fans or not?We should take some interest in Sergio's band members and their websites.

Dave said:
OK, let's read them... Let's comment on them... Sergio May Be Watching! :blinkeye:

Dave

We may never know...yes, Sergio may be watching.I know a few of his band members have visited in the past, for example the late Claudio Slon and more recently Bill Cantos.So it's importnant that we show genuine interest and appreciation to these wonderful singers & musicians.

Today I revisited Mariana's website and she has link to this wonderful website.As I said, it's important to show sincere genuine interest to Sergio's band because they will be visiting this forum at any time.In turn, they may be promoting the A & M corner which can be a very good thing and beneficial .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom