• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lee Ritenour Inks New Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Guitarist Lee Ritenour has a new record deal with Peak Records, and will release a CD and DVD. From the Jazz Times site:

Lee Ritenour Signs to Peak

2003_07_23_lee_ritenour.jpg

Peak Records recently signed Lee Ritenour and his debut album on the label, OverTime, is both a DVD and CD project focusing on Ritenour’s career.

The two-DVD set covers Ritenour’s music from the ‘70s through the present and includes 19 songs, guest musicians and select interviews. The filming/recording of the DVD took place during the spring of 2004 in Los Angeles at the Enterprise recording studio.

The DVD, which includes various styles ranging from acoustic jazz to Brazilian, features guest artists including Chris Botti, Ernie Watts, Harvey Mason, Eric Marienthal, Melvin Davis, Oscar Seaton, Barnaby Finch and Kenya Hathaway. The CD of the same name is also a double set and features 20 songs, three of which are not on the DVD; the CD will come out several weeks prior to the DVD release in May.

For more information on Ritenour or OverTime, visit www.peakrecords.com or www.leeritenour.com.

Capt. Bacardi

This is great!! I've followed his career for years. Back in the early '80s when I flew for Eastern Air Lines, his music was often featured on our Inflight Music Menu. It made commuting (I was based in Atlanta, but flew to work from my home in California -- what we flight attendants call "commuting") a heck of a lot nicer!!

Great news, Cap'n!! Thanks for the heads up!!! :thumbsup:

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom